News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 offline every morning. Only using Google Voice for two SP's

Started by joelost, April 13, 2015, 12:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelost

Besides getting kick off with a dropped line after 14 minutes (see other topic) , I am also
discovering my OBI110 offline every morning now.

I don't know what's wrong.  I've changed some settings on my NetGear 6200 to fix the phone call
dropping and I'm afraid one of those changes is not causing the OBI to go offline during the course
of the night.

I also have a SPA3102 connected that has no problems.

any clues?
thanks
Joe F

LTN1

Why don't you save the configuration file for your router then do a factory reset for the router and reboot the OBi to see if it still has that problem. If it does...you can at least re upload the saved configuration for your router and start from there again. If it works after your router factory reset...then you probably made a configuration change that conflicts with the OBi. Try that first if you can.

drgeoff

"Offline" is ambiguous. Do you mean that your OBi is no longer contactable on your LAN or do you mean the OBi stil has internet connectivity (calls to **9 222 222 222 succeed) but both GV accounts are no longer connected/registered?

joelost

After my GF calls me on my cell phone and tells me she can't do a call from her OBI to my OBI,
I log into OBITalk and it says my OBI110 is offline.  I have to unplug and re-plug it to boot up and
then it starts working again and says "Connected" for both of the Google Voice accounts.

I noticed on her OBI200 the GV account says "Connected" but the Callcentric account says "Registered"
whereas my OBI110 only has "Registered" since they are both Google Voice accounts.

Does anybody think the fact that I don't have a 'normal' VoIP provider on the OBI110 that would be 'registered' instead  of 'connected' makes the difference?   Something about keep alive from Callcentric vs nothing from Google?

Joe F

I've tried plugging the OBI directly into one of my router's lan ports to no avail but
daisy chaining it off of my SP3102 seems to get better results (less or no offline events)

joelost

I've switched to an OBI200 and am not going offline overnight now.

And I installed the OBI110 at my GF's and have not seen any problems there.

She has a DLink router I think its a 655.

curious.