News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

COULD more then one person use the phone at same time OBI 200

Started by nyc1836, March 19, 2015, 10:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyc1836

I am looking to purchase OBI200 could i set up 2 different phones to use at the same time for 2 people calling in and out.I will be using WiFi I know on OBI202 you have 2 phone lines output and it could be done.

BigJim_McD

Quote from: nyc1836 on March 19, 2015, 10:45:13 AM
I am looking to purchase OBI200 could i set up 2 different phones to use at the same time for 2 people calling in and out.I will be using WiFi I know on OBI202 you have 2 phone lines output and it could be done.

You will need the OBi202 to support two simultaneous phone calls, each call on a different phone at the same time.  I have an OBi202 with a 2-Line Portable Phone set attached. The OBi202 with the 2-Line portable phones allow my wife and myself to make, receive and talk on calls at the same time.

I disabled "Call Waiting", configured the OBi202 to only ring Ph1,
configured "Call Forward Busy",   CallForwardOnBusyNumber      ph2(#). 
I made configuration updates in OBiTalk Expert Mode. 

Before I made the changes, calls where ringing both phone lines at the same time and we found that to be confusing.  After the changes, Line 2 doesn't ring unless Line 1 is busy.
BigJimMcD

azrobert

You need another device to do this.
It can be a smartphone, computer, or another ATA.
You will need to install a softphone on the phone and/or computer.

I will be posting a cheap method to do this with a real phone after I get the device and test it.
It's scheduled to be delivered on Saturday.

Edit:
At Amazon:
OBi202 - $73.06
OBi200 - $47.55

The smartphone will not cost anything extra. Softphones CSipSimple for Android and Zoiper for iPhone are free.

The method I'm going to test will cost less the $9.

dircom

202's work well for two simultaneous conversations, even on the same phone number

if someone calls me on the home #, and I answer, and then someone else calls on the same #
I can pick up the second call on a phone connected to the 2nd Obi telephone jack

or if my wife is talking on our home phone, I can dial out on the 2nd jack (using that same phone #)

Take that, Ma Bell!   ;)