News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 installation problem

Started by EricMichigan, September 14, 2015, 01:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricMichigan

Hi all.  I have an old Obi 110 that I am trying to get working again.  Having read various threads here, I installed the new firmware, which got rid of the message telling me that my device was old and I needed to pay $10 for the software and a year of service.  Trying to configure Google Voice again, however, I continue to have problems.  The web portal spins its wheels for a long time, and then simply reads Service Not Configured.  I also tried entering my GV name and password directly on the local access page under SIP Credentials and rebooting.  I have also tried removing my device and re-installing, but the Google Voice configuration continues to fail.  (I am logged in to the Google account while doing these steps.)  Can anyone offer any suggestions?  Thanks very much. 

drgeoff

Google for the instructions on this forum by SteveInWA on how to configure GV.

(The procedure has changed and can ONLY be done using the Obitalk portal. Putting name and password into the device's local web GUI will NOT work.)

EricMichigan

Hi - Thanks for the quick response.  When I mentioned the "web portal," I meant the Obitalk portal.  I have tried that and the local web GUI.  After reading your post, I just tried the Obitalk portal again (deleting the Google Voice SP1, which would not configure), and I again received the same error.  (After going through the steps where I grant Obi access to my Gmail account, etc., the status for SP1 reads "Configuring" for a few minutes, and then states: "Service Not Configured.")  Any other suggestions?  Thanks very much.

SteveInWA

Quote from: EricMichigan on September 14, 2015, 01:47:35 PM
Hi all.  I have an old Obi 110 that I am trying to get working again.  Having read various threads here, I installed the new firmware, which got rid of the message telling me that my device was old and I needed to pay $10 for the software and a year of service.  Trying to configure Google Voice again, however, I continue to have problems.  The web portal spins its wheels for a long time, and then simply reads Service Not Configured.  I also tried entering my GV name and password directly on the local access page under SIP Credentials and rebooting.  I have also tried removing my device and re-installing, but the Google Voice configuration continues to fail.  (I am logged in to the Google account while doing these steps.)  Can anyone offer any suggestions?  Thanks very much. 

As Geoff pointed out, "I also tried entering my GV name and password directly on the local access page under SIP Credentials and rebooting." will absolutely not work, and I have no idea what problems it cause.

Please read through and follow all my instructions here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Note:  I've tested this many times recently.  I've observed that the procedure appears to stall while downloading the OAUTH 2.0 token to the OBi, and the little progress dial keeps spinning.  If I wait a few minutes, and then refresh the web page or reboot the device, it will change to "configured", and work fine.  This failure to return completed status looks like a bug on Obihai's side, but I haven't seen it ultimately fail outright.  Please try paper-clip factory-resetting your device and then try the entire set of instructions again.

EricMichigan

Steve -
This worked.  Thank you very much!  The only difference this time in terms of what I did was the paper-clip-factory-reset, so that must have been the key.  Thanks again very much for your help.  I appreciate it.
Best,
Eric

SteveInWA

Eric, thanks for circling back with your successful results.  I suspect that the old firmware had left behind some invalid crap in your configuration that needed to be cleaned out by the factory reset.  Good to hear that it's working now!