News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Digit map to re-write numbers... what am I missing?

Started by Johnzw, March 24, 2015, 03:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnzw

Hello!

I have an OBI 100 configured with GV at my university dorm because the dorms are no-cell phone coverage areas and the university no longer offers wired telephone service to students.

There is a convention where the corresponding DID number is a particular exchange plus the 4-digit extension. In this case the exchange is 673 (so university extension 3111 is PSTN number 716-673-3111.)

What I want to do is create a digit map so the OBi will rewrite four-digit numbers to prepend 1-716-673.

Based on the page 8 of the tutorial I assumed that the following map would work:

(<:1716673>xxxx)

So I put it in "User Defined Digit map2"

No dice. OBI sends four digits to Google voice resulting in 'We could not complete your call...'

I also tried, splicing it into the default digit map and that didnt' work either.

Obviously, I'm missing something. I've reread the tutorial several times and I'm not seeing it.

azrobert

Assuming GV is defined on SP1, you need to add the rule to the following:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> Digitmap

You can code it like this: <1716673>xxxx
When only adding characters, the colon is optional.

Do not remove the rule "1xxxxxxxxxx" from the same.

When calling from the Phone Port, it's a 2 step process.
The dialed number is validated by the Phone Port (PP) Digitmap.
(Mpli) in the PP DigitMap points to the Primary Line (ITSP A) Digitmap.
The prefix gets added here.

The PP OutbounCallRoute routes the call.
It also uses (Mpli)
The number has already been transformed to 11 digits, so you need rule "1xxxxxxxxxx".

Johnzw

Sorry no good, after rebooting to 'apply' the change the change is instead cleared and ITSP A digit map is reset to default.

azrobert

If you use the local interface to configure your OBi you must disable OBiTalk auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay any changes you make.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled