News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV problem with incoming calls

Started by symphony, March 25, 2015, 02:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

symphony

I installed GV on my obi202 it shows connected.
The outgoing calls work excellent but incoming calls go direct to Google answerphone. What did I do wrong?

N7AS

In your GoogleVoice website, did you go into Settings > Phones and put a checkmark in Google Chat?
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

symphony

Quote from: N7AS on March 25, 2015, 02:24:33 PM
In your GoogleVoice website, did you go into Settings > Phones and put a checkmark in Google Chat?

Done and still not working >:(

SteveInWA

In that case, delete your OBi off of the OBiTALK web portal, reset it, and add it back again to the portal, with the **5 procedure.

Then, follow my instructions, linked earlier, to set it up from scratch.  You must successfully set it up via the OBiTALK portal, and not via the local web interface.

symphony

I tried registering a Callcentric number on SP1 (the same as I had my GV) and the calls also don't come through. They show as received on my Callcentric dashboard.

SteveInWA

Have you factory-reset the OBi yet, and then re-added it to the portal?  If not, try that anyhow.  I just tested this with the latest firmware last night, as a matter of fact, and it should simply work.

What you should confirm:  after adding the OBi to the portal, you should be at firmware build 4581, and OBiTALK service status should be "Normal", and you should be able to hear yourself on the OBi echo test call.

If you have, and it still doesn't work, then you probably either made some configuration change to the device that broke inbound calling, or you have some sort of home network firewall issue.

SteveInWA

Oh, and to rule out any forehead-slapping stupidity, call your Callcentric inbound DID number.  Watch the LEDs on the OBi device.  If the call is arriving at the OBi, you will see the telephone line LED blinking while it is ringing.  If it is blinking, but your phone isn't ringing, then either the phone is defective, or you have the ringer turned off.

symphony

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 25, 2015, 05:39:07 PM
Have you factory-reset the OBi yet, and then re-added it to the portal?  If not, try that anyhow.  I just tested this with the latest firmware last night, as a matter of fact, and it should simply work.

What you should confirm:  after adding the OBi to the portal, you should be at firmware build 4581, and OBiTALK service status should be "Normal", and you should be able to hear yourself on the OBi echo test call.

If you have, and it still doesn't work, then you probably either made some configuration change to the device that broke inbound calling, or you have some sort of home network firewall issue.
Thank you for your help.
I didn't yet do a factory reset as I have other providers on SP2, SP3 and SP4 and there are incoming and outgoing calls going through those. It seems only on SP1 that I have the problem.
If there is no other solution I'll do a reset, but, I would like to know what caused this problem. It did work at one point and I had calls coming in through GV. It doesn't seem the problem with GV as I configured a Callcentric number on SP1 and it also didn't pass.
I configured GV on SP4 and I do have incoming calls on it.
I checked my firmware and it's build 4581.
Can I reset just SP1?

azrobert

Please post the value of the following:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> X_InboundCallRoute

Edit:
The default is: ph,ph2

SteveInWA

Yes, if you don't want to wipe out all your existing service providers on SP2-4, then you can delete the configuration of SP1 and then reconfigure it for GV on the OBiTALK portal.

Have you made any customization (changed the default settings) for that SP slot?  That would be the main thing I was concerned about, when I suggested a factory reset.

symphony

Quote from: azrobert on March 26, 2015, 09:34:55 AM
Please post the value of the following:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> X_InboundCallRoute

Edit:
The default is: ph,ph2

I have: {ph1,ph2} it's the same in all of them.

BTW it should be:
Voice service ->SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute

symphony

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 26, 2015, 09:37:31 AM
Yes, if you don't want to wipe out all your existing service providers on SP2-4, then you can delete the configuration of SP1 and then reconfigure it for GV on the OBiTALK portal.
Yes, I did that already but it didn't help, still same problem.
Have you made any customization (changed the default settings) for that SP slot?  That would be the main thing I was concerned about, when I suggested a factory reset.
Yes, I did but the same to all the other Voice Services.

SteveInWA

Quote from: symphony on March 26, 2015, 11:22:44 AM
Quote from: SteveInWA on March 26, 2015, 09:37:31 AM
Yes, I did that already but it didn't help, still same problem.
Yes, I did but the same to all the other Voice Services.

Well, you know what I am going to suggest next:  perhaps some customization you made is causing the problem, regardless of whether or not it works with the SIP providers on your other slots.

LTN1

Seeing this back and forth is like hearing a chalkboard scratch. Rather than the waiting time, why doesn't the OP just write down the configuration of SPs 2 & 3, wait until after hours then do full reset and just add everything from the beginning, this time, leaving the GV SPs to its original default configuration? Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes or so if everything is prepared ahead of time.

symphony

Ok I deleted the device from my account and did a hard reset and I have the same problem again. If GV is configured on SP1 the incoming calls go straight to voicemail on GV

jbinmn

Could it be that you have "Do Not Disturb" checked in Google Voice settings?
I would check that 1st, but I'm certainly no expert!

symphony

Quote from: jbinmn on April 07, 2015, 09:53:56 AM
Could it be that you have "Do Not Disturb" checked in Google Voice settings?
I would check that 1st, but I'm certainly no expert!
Checked => NO

SteveInWA

Log into your Google Voice account from a laptop or desktop computer, and go to this page:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Take a screenshot of the page, using Windows Snipping Tool, under Accessories .  Use MS Paint to edit the image, and black out all personal information on the page, except leave the last 4 digits of all phone numbers exposed.  Post the image here as an attachment.

symphony

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 07, 2015, 12:44:18 PM
Log into your Google Voice account from a laptop or desktop computer, and go to this page:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Take a screenshot of the page, using Windows Snipping Tool, under Accessories .  Use MS Paint to edit the image, and black out all personal information on the page, except leave the last 4 digits of all phone numbers exposed.  Post the image here as an attachment.
Attached a screen shot