News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

(SOLVED) Forward incoming call to ObiTalk connected device. How ?

Started by catch22, March 30, 2015, 12:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catch22

Can anyone advise on whether it is possible to forward an incoming call to an ObiTalk device?

Here is the scenario and case:
- I Have an Obi110 connected to an Asterisk server and an Obi200 remotely simply pluged into a router.  Calls from the Phone connected to the Obi110 can reach the Obi200 when dialing the ObiTalk number (**9 and the 9 digit number).

- I would like calls into my Asterisk box to be able to automatically go to the Obi200 (in certain conditions, such as through an IVR of the Asterisk system). Basically, it would look like this:  
- Call comes into house via the Obi110/ Asterisk box setup and is not answered
- Asterisk box uses the Obi110 to forward the missed call to the Obi200
- Obi200 Rings the phone attached to it.

I've search google, numerous forums, etc and tried a number of configurations on the Obi110.  Nothing has worked and I have not seen this in any forum.  Is this possible?  Is there a digit map, dialing rule, anything for this?

Best regards,

azrobert

This is how you can do this with Freepbx.
Add Extension 110
Change the Dial setting in Extension 110 to:
SIP/0@192.168.1.100:5060   (IP address of the OBi110 and port# of SP1)
SP1 must be defined as SIP (not GV)
Route the calls to Extension 110.

OBi110

Voice Services -> SP1 Service ->
Add to the beginning of the X_InboundCallRoute:
{110>0:pp(510123456)},

110 is the Freepbx extension#
0 is the zero before the "@" in the Dial setting
Change 510123456 to the OBi Number of the OBi200

Edit:
I had a typo in the inbound call route.
It has been fixed.

catch22

Nice!  Thank you.  Does this use up my SP1 on the Obi110 for only this purpose. 

In other words, I had been using X_InboundCallRoute to dial li out to the PSTN (I had a setting on my Asterisk - which is actually running PIAF/FreePbx - that would dial the local PSTN if an extension dialed a local number.).  Would X_InboundCallRoute figure out to dial the Obi200 {110>0:pp(510123456}, or li (out to the PSTN) depending on what the freepbx box sent to it?

lrosenman

so the caller side will be the Asterisk Extension, and the callee side will be whatever before the @ and after the / in the SIP/?@ip.add.re.ss:pppp

I have a setup where I hairpin Google Voice calls to PIAF do CID lookup, and send it back to the Obi.

I'm wondering how the extension gets set and can I manipulate it on the Asterisk side to allow other Asterisk extensions to call out via the GV lines on the OBI.

(If I should do another thread, feel free to tell me that as well).

azrobert

I had a typo. See my updated previous post.

QuoteDoes this use up my SP1 on the Obi110 for only this purpose.
No. It can be used for a SIP trunk.

QuoteWould X_InboundCallRoute figure out to dial the Obi200 {110>0:pp(510123456)}, or li (out to the PSTN) depending on what the freepbx box sent to it?

Only calls coming from extension 110 with a zero will be routed to the OBi200. If the call is not from extension 110 then this code is ignored and any other code in the inbound route will be executed.

azrobert

Quote from: lrosenman on March 30, 2015, 02:41:24 PM
I'm wondering how the extension gets set and can I manipulate it on the Asterisk side to allow other Asterisk extensions to call out via the GV lines on the OBI.

I'm sure there are numerous ways to use an OBi with Asterisk. I only use the above method to route inbound calls to the OBi.

If I understand you correctly, you want someone registered on an Asterisk extension to route outbound calls to an OBi trunk. Is this correct?

I defined an outbound trunk for the OBi like this:
type=peer
username=lrosenman
host=192.168.1.100
port=5060
fromuser=lrosenman
canreinvite=no
insecure=invite,port
qualify=yes  

You need the Dial number rules and an outbound route.
Then the OBi inbound route:
{lrosenman>(xx.):sp1},

Depending on the dialed number, you can route the call to different SP trunks.

lrosenman

Hrm. 
I currently have extension 702 defined in Asterisk as the Obi, and it shows registered on the Obi.

I send all calls from both GV's to Asterisk via a VoiceGateway (pointed at the PIAF Pi), using
vg1(gv#/$1)

Asterisk takes that, does a CID lookup, and sends the call back to Ext 702.

When 702 gets it, it rings the phones.

on the 702 Inbound CallRoute, we have:
{>(1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{ph1,ph2}

What I'm curious about is what Asterisk is sending, and how CID/CNAM is being propagated from Asterisk to the Obi, and what I need to do on Asterisk/Obi to allow a provider/extension/etc on Asterisk to send SOME calls to the Obi, and have the Obi do some of the routing (I.E. to GV1, SP2(vitelity), GV2).

catch22

Thank you all.

Between your posts and some additional reading on the internet I was successfully able to set up the inbound call route to allow any extension on my PIAF/Free Pbx box to dial any 9 digit ObiTalk number and route it correctly to ObiTalk and also still dial a 7 digit local PSTN number (in the US) and route to the local PSTN.

The X_InboundCallRoute I ended up using is {>(xxxxxxxxx):pp},{li} under Voice Services SP2.  

Best regards