News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1062 (OBi1032) How to turn off ringer to a single line

Started by brianmoberg, March 30, 2015, 09:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianmoberg

Sorry for the newbie question. I tried to search this site and the broader web but I haven't found an answer yet...

I have a few different lines and there is one line on which I want to be able to call out on but I don't want incoming calls to ring.

I see in the web portal to the phone that I can change the ring profile but I don't want to over complicate this. It seems like there must be a very simple solution to disable incoming call ringing for individual lines. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

drgeoff

Change Voice Services/SPn Service/X_InboundCallRoute from the default ph to ().

That is more than turning off the ringer.  Even lifting the handset while it would be ringing will not take the call.

brianmoberg

Thank you for that suggestion. I would like to have the possibility of answering the phone. I just don't want to be disturbed by the ringing 99% of the time.

Anyone else have a more direct solution?

Thanks!

drgeoff

So what is the problem with defining your own ring profile that is silent?

azrobert

Voice Services ->SPx Service -> DefaultRing: 2

Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A -> Ring Pattern 2: 60;(0+60)

The default ring pattern (pattern 1) is: 60;(2+4)
Ring for 2 seconds, silence for 4 seconds and repeat.
Now it's ring for zero seconds and silence for 60, allowing you to answer the call.

Edit:
This is how I did it on one of my phones:
Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A -> Ring Pattern 2: 60;(.4+60)

1 short ring then silence.

brianmoberg

I had written the following below the break line and assumed my issue was solved. But, then I figured I would actually confirm a successful test before I posted back to the thread. It turns out I can't seem to successfully make the changes suggested take effect.

I have tried setting that line to Ring Profile 1 -> Ring Pattern 2. I have also tried setting it to Ring Profile 2 -> Ring Pattern 1 (all with the "60;(0+60)" setting) Nothing I do seems to alter the ring tone in any way (longer or shorter.) (Every time I make a change I get a 'Configuration Update Successful' message on the browser interface and yes I have rebooted the phone countless times in order for the settings to take effect.)

What could I be missing? Does the phone ringtone menu (on the device) have anything to do with this? I have it set to Office B.wav

What does bellcore-dr(x) [Ring Pattern 1-5] vs User-dr(x) mean [Ring Pattern 6-10]?

Thanks again for any help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

drgeoff: That will work fine if that is the best route to the solution. (I had assumed there would be a on/off toggle setting somewhere.)

azrobert: Perfect! Thank you for taking the time to spell out the details for me. Most helpful! (And, I adopted your suggestion of a short initial ring and then silence.)

azrobert

If you use the local interface to configure your OBi you must disable OBiTalk auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay any changes you make.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

The RingName is a description of the RingPattern and used for documentation.

I'm guessing the "Bellcore" names are standard ring patterns and "User" names are non-standard examples.

brianmoberg

I have had to stumble through a bit of a self-education on the functionality of 'simple' OBiTALK managing my phone vs OBiTALK Expert Configuration menu vs using the phones own web portal.

Perhaps I complicated this thread by not stating on the front end that I am primarily using OBiTALK to manage the phone and I am using multiple Google Voice lines including the one on which I want to silence the ringer.

Even when I Disabled OBiTalk Auto Provisioning I could not get the ringer silenced as desired. I factory reset the phone and started over through OBiTALK Expert Configuration and tried to adjust the same setting discussed in the thread. I was not successful here either. The X_RingProfile and the X_DefaultRing settings have red exclamation points next to them leading me to think that perhaps that setting could not be changed? (Perhaps someone can clarify what the red exclamation point means?)

Anyhow since I am not ready to manage the phone completely manually perhaps there is no good solution for me...?

I appreciate the input to date and welcome further input if someone has additional guidance for me.

Thanks

ianobi

When using OBiTALK Expert Configuration, to change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the value, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.