News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup Ringto number with obi202

Started by dhwagner, April 04, 2015, 08:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhwagner

I have an OBI202
SP1 - has a GV number assigned to it
SP2 - has Anveo E911 Service assigned to it
SP3 - has a GV number assigned to it
SP4 - HELP

I want to assign a number I have ported to Ring.to - but I do not know how to assign that number.
When I click on RingTo in the OBITalk dashboard it asks me to sign up for Anveo E911 - well I already have that?
How do I use my RingTo number with SP4?

Can anyone help me?

rolandh

Hi,

When you look at Anveo E911 on your OBi Dashboard does it say Anveo E911 for RingTo or something else. The for RingTo part is important. Anveo sells multiple E911 products. Anveo E911 for RingTo is the specific product required to be provisioned on your OBi before you will be able to provision your RingTo account. It is only available for purchase via the OBiTalk portal as part of the process of provisioning a RingTo account on an OBi for the first time.

Unfortunately, other Anveo E911 products will not work with RingTo. You might try contacting Anveo to see if they will convert your existing E911 product to the required Anveo E911 for RingTo. Anveo E911 for RingTo will work with GV as well because GV doesn't actually require E911 service at all. If Anveo won't convert your E911 product, you could delete your existing Anveo 911 service from your OBi then purchase Anveo E911 for RingTo as part of the process of provisioning your RingTo account. The additional cost would be $12.

FWIW my understanding is the E911 requirement is RingTo's, however, the method of providing that service was worked out between Anveo and Obihai.

dhwagner

It says OBI Anveo
I guess I need to try and contact Anveo?

Thanks for your response

rolandh

Are you using Anveo for anything other than E911? Did you pay a flat fee for a years worth of E911 service or are you paying monthly from a prepaid balance? If the latter, you might be able to cancel the monthly payment, then purchase  Anveo E911 for RingTo through the ObiTalk portal when provisioning your RingTo account. If you've prepaid for the year, the best bet might be to try to get Anveo to refund the OBi Anveo service and use the proceeds to purchase Anveo E911 for RingTo during provisioning of your RingTo account. You may or may not need to setup a new Anveo account using a different email address.

The multiple 911 products for various services gets rather confusing. Apologies for not being able to explain it better.

Good Luck!