News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID

Started by zoom38, April 10, 2015, 07:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoom38

I have an OBI 100.  I ported my number into gv and have a second gv number.  I originally was using the one gv account with both numbers but caller ID for both sp1 and sp2 would show up as my primary number.  I don't want my primary number shown for both lines.  Can sp1 be assigned my primary number and sp2 be assigned my secondary number for caller ID?  If so how?  If not, please see question below.

Since I had the problem described above I then had SP1 linked to my primary gv account and number and then linked SP2 to a secondary gv account.  SP1 is my default number and have no caller ID issues.  However, when I dial **2 and to my cell phone, my cell will ring with an unknown number (from California).  When I call back that number it goes nowhere "We cannot complete your call, please try again".  How do I configure SP2 to show my secondary google voice number?  The interesting thing with this issue is that I don't have a gv number in my secondary gv account, yet it still calls using the California number. 
Thanks
Gary     

drgeoff

The CA number (Inglewood?) is a 'global' one which GV uses when you don't have your own unique GV number on the account.

If you want the second number to show as CID when you **2 then you need to get that second GV number associated with that GV account. 

zoom38

So I transferred my secondary gv number to my secondary gv account verified it on my cell and now caller id works correctly.

thanks