News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Busy signal received on inbound calls

Started by LavaFlow, April 09, 2015, 11:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LavaFlow

I've been using an Obi110 with voip.ms without issue since 2011 (originally setup through Obi Dashboard).  I foolishly decided to set it up from scratch via the Obi Dashboard before making a backup of my working cfg.  Now
I'm unable to receive inbound calls.  When trying to call the device I receive a busy signal.

- Firmware 1.3.0 (Build: 2872)
- According to both the Obi and voip.ms Dashboards my device is "green" and "registered".
- Outbound calls work.
- Troubleshooting via Obi callback works, the phone rings.
- Only one provider (voip.ms) in use.  No GV or analog service.

Steps I've taken to troubleshoot:
- Multiple reboots and setup attempts from scratch (paperclip and delete device via dashboard)
- Placed Obi110 in DMZ of my OpenWRT router.
- Connected Obi110 directly to AT&T Uverse Modem/Router.
- Tried various voip.ms servers with ports 5060 and 5080.
- Setup manually according to http://wiki.voip.ms/article/OBi_100/110
- InboundCallRoute set to ph instead of {>xxxxxx:ph}

This is definitely a config problem with the Obi110.  I still can't believe I didn't make a backup first, completely out of character. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mango

A busy signal is a little strange.  What is your VoIP.ms routing like?  Is it configured to route calls to voicemail for failover?  If so, a busy signal should not happen.  What do the call logs for VoIP.ms and your OBi say?

I see that the Wiki article you linked misses a crucial setting: Voice Services >> SPx Service >> X_KeepAliveEnable >> Checked

Does this solve the problem?

LavaFlow

Failover settings!!  That was it!  Thank you soo much Mango!  ;D

I don't have voicemail associated with my voip.ms account.  However, when I looked at "Additional Failover Options" it was set to "None".  I changed it to "SIP/AIX" and it worked, inbound calls ring.

I've since changed "Additional Failover Options" back to "None" and everything is still working even after a couple of reboots.  I don't really know what to make of this but it's working.

BTW - I came across your site a couple years ago when looking into blocking telemarketers and here you are assisting random people too.  You're definitely one of the "good guys/gals".  Thanks again and have a great day!

Mango

It's my pleasure.  I'm glad your service is working!