News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls via Ring.to cut off at 1:50 or 4:00

Started by GuyOnTheAir, April 08, 2015, 09:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyOnTheAir

I've tried to make several calls this morning using the Ring.to service on my Obi.  Many times I got a message that the service was not registered, although the Obitalk.com portal showed it was.  Sometimes I got a message that the service was too busy to complete my call.  Sometimes I got a message that my call was restricted.  Other times, when the call went through initially, it dropped, a couple times at 4:00 and once at 1:50, just going silent.

Is this typical for Ring.to service?  I haven't used it much previously, but don't remember issues.

rolandh

Not typical for me. I just tested two calls, one from my OBi, one from RingTo's Android beta. Both were open for 10+ minutes. Neither dropped. You might compare your OBi's call logs to the call history on your RingTo dashboard to see if that sheds any light.

zorlac

My parents have sporadic RT in/out calling issues on an obi200 so I just setup a GV # on SP3 and told them to tell people to dial the second # if they can't get through on the RT #. Same with dialing out, **3 then dialout on the GV #.
It doesn't seem to be frustrating enough for them to give up on RT & switch over to a non-free VOIP provider yet.

rolandh

I've not had the specific issue mentioned by the OP. RingTo did have a midday service outage yesterday, 4/11/15.

When I've noticed issues with RingTo (not often for me but YMMV) it's usually with inbound calling rather than outbound. I also manage an OBi for a parent. I use RingTo's call forwarding to a free Callcentric NY DID to handle inbound calls for a variety of reasons such as more robust call filtering, CNAM and MWI. Because RingTo's call forwarding is actually simultaneous ringing, a small adjustment to the InboundCallRoute of the SP RingTo is provisioned on is necessary to keep Callcecntric and RingTo from ringing the OBi at the same time. I've found RingTo's outbound calling to be solid. Indeed during yesterday's outage outbound calling continued to work normally.

For my personal use, I use RingTo's mobile apps, partially because I beta test for them. Mostly, I just prefer to use my moto x or iPhone as opposed to a traditional home phone.