News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Back to GV from Vestalink

Started by lrhyne, April 13, 2015, 06:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrhyne

My Vestalink renewal is fast approaching and I will be cancelling.  I've looked through this forum, but just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything.  I had forwarded my GV # to Vestalink and had setup Vestalink on SP2 (with GV remaining on SP1) on my Obi100.  I believe from what I've read, I would simply need to check "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls" under my GV on SP1 and then under my GV "Forward Calls To:" settings I would uncheck Vestalink and check Google Chat.  Finally, I will have to read up on this, but I believe I will need to somehow re-authenticate my GV account using OAUTH 2.0.  Does this sound right or am I missing something?

Rick

Right, but you'll need to update your firmware before GV can be setup on your OBi.

lrhyne

Thanks guys!  One last question.  As I wrote above I had only forwarded my GV phone # to Vestalink, so I'm assuming that after I delete my GV SP on the Obitalk portal and "re-add" GV as my service provider, my GV # will still be connected to my GV account.  This seems fairly logical, but just want to make sure I can keep the same phone #.  Thanks again.

SteveInWA

If you in fact still have an active/working Google Voice phone number, then just follow my instructions as linked above, and you will be setting up your OBi to work directly with your GV account and its number.

lrhyne

Thanks!  Just wanted to double check.