News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I transfer/Sync OBi local device configuration to OBi Expert?

Started by BB88, April 13, 2015, 05:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB88

I recently just did a factory reset on my OBi200, and I tried to restore my configuration backup from OBi Dashboard, it said it was restored, but when I went to OBi Expert and nothing was restored. I had to restore the configuration locally.

Now, I want to know how do I sync this configuration back to OBi Expert, because I want to do the configuration through OBi Expert.

azrobert

From OBiTalk to restore a configuration from backup, click on the gear icon next to the OBixxx
Click OBi Expert Configuration
In Saved Configuration File click Browse and find the backup file
Click Import Config to OBi Expert

After the import, OBi Expert might hide the values you just imported.
There will be a "!" next to the value indicating the value has changed from the default.
To see the real value, uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting then Uncheck the box under Device Default.

BB88

Quote from: azrobert on April 14, 2015, 08:27:00 AM
After the import, OBi Expert might hide the values you just imported.
There will be a "!" next to the value indicating the value has changed from the default.
To see the real value, uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting then Uncheck the box under Device Default.

How come the values is hidden behind the "!" rather than populated?
When I click submit on each OBi Export, does all the configurations on all sections got pushed to the device, on only the configurations on that page got pushed?

azrobert

I have no idea why the real values are hidden.
I assume the whole configuration is downloaded when you click Submit, but I'm not sure.
It really doesn't matter because you can't modify more than one section at a time before clicking Submit.
If you try changing more than one section before submitting, the changes will be discarded.
These are some of the reasons I don't use OBiTalk to make configuration changes.