News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 Calls Go Direct to Voice Mail

Started by HDFLucky, April 20, 2015, 08:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDFLucky

Have both lines configured to two separate PhonePower accounts. Outbound calling is fine, and normal dial tone. It acts like either Unconditional Call Forward is set in the PP configuration or DND in the OBi, but neither is true. I verified that no forwarding is set in either PP account, and dialed every star code disable feature in the 202. Rebooted the 202, and checked status before and after - always shows normal, on-hook, and both SPs Registered. The PhonePower dashboard has a setting that allows returning busy signal if line is busy. I tried toggling it on and then calling the number, but it still goes to voice mail. That eliminates a false busy status as being the culprit.

Since it's two separate accounts on PhonePower (not a single account with two numbers), it seems like the problem must lie with the OBi, but I don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

HDFLucky

I just noticed another symptom, though I don't know what to make of it.
Although voice mail can be left, it does not illuminate the MWI or provide stutter dial tone like normal. I verified that the message was actually left by logging into the PP dashboard, where I can listen to the audio file online.
???

azrobert

Is this a new install or was it working then stopped?

Are you checking the OBi202 System Status to see if you are registered?

When someone calls does the Phone Port LED flash?
If it does there is something wrong with your phone or cord.

Using OBi Expert, check the following parameter on the OBI202.
You need to uncheck both boxes to the right of the parameter value.
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallRoute
The default is ph
If it's not "ph" then save a copy of the current value, so you can restore it.
Now change it to ph
Does the phone ring?

Do you have a Windows PC?
If yes, install the PhonerLite softphone.
http://www.phoner.de/PhonerLiteSetup.exe
When you start Phonerlite I think a wizard will popup because no accounts are defined.
Proxy: 192.168.1.110:5060      (IP addr & Port of SP1 on the OBi202)
Click right arrow.
User Name: OBi202
Click right arrow.
Change Profile Name: OBi202
Click check mark
Uncheck box next to Register
Save

Dial 0 and click the green phone symbol.
Does the Phone ring?
Click red phone symbol to hang up.

Edit:
Do calls ring 3-4 times before going to VM or do they go directly to VM?

HDFLucky

azrobert, thanks for the detailed reply, but I got it working almost simultaneously with reading your post. I was leaning more toward it being a OBi problem, and I knew their suggestion would be to do a full reset, which I did. Upon putting everything back, it all worked. A similar problem happened about 5 months ago, and it turned out both lines were set to Do Not Disturb. Of course, DND gives a distinctive dial tone, so it was an easy fix. This time though, I had normal DT. We have frequent brownouts here, and I think it is glitching the OBi202.

For the benefit of anyone else facing a similar problem, here are the answers to your questions:
1. Previously working
2. Yes, all four SPs show "Registered" status (Callcentric and Future Nine on sp3 and sp4, respectively)
3. No phone LED flash
4. ph doesn't matter
5. Yes, but never got to the point of requiring the software (filed away for future reference though!)
6. No ringback - goes directly to VM

Thanks so much for your reply. Looks like I need to invest in a UPS.