News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Missing Release Notes for OBi1032 Firware Update (Build: 2595.1311)

Started by Charlemagne, April 23, 2015, 05:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlemagne

Shouldn't the corresponding Release Notes be posted concurrently with the availability of each new firmware update? 

Build:  2595.1311 has been available for Model OBi1032 upload for at least several days now and there are still no Release Notes.  When will they be posted?

Thank you.

WelshPaul

Mark was the one who took control of this and he hasn't been active on the forums since 1/4

His Linkeden profile now states:

Product Manager
Vonage UK
April 2015 – Present (1 month)London, United Kingdom

However it also states:

Regional Director
Obihai Technology
January 2014 – Present (1 year 4 months)London, United Kingdom

I hope he hasn't left Obihai.  ???

EDIT: What a shame, Mark has moved on to pastures new. I wish him all the best and I know for sure his input, advice and help on these forums will be missed.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

drgeoff

Quote from: WelshPaul on April 27, 2015, 01:37:09 AM
I wish him all the best and I know for sure his input, advice and help on these forums will be missed.

+1

I emailed Mark in the last week of March and his reply gave no inkling that he was moving on.  Quite the opposite in fact;  it gave me the impression that he would be acting further on my request and responding again in due course.

QBZappy

Too bad Mark has left obihai. Are you certain about this WelshPaul . Mark could have said fare well. He had earned his respect on this board.

This board had taken on a new a significance with his contributions. His departure sets this forum back 3 years. It sucks to think that OBi forum users will have to go back to being in the dark and ignored once again. We shall hence forth call this the "post Mark period". Let's see how things go.

+1 Mark
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

WelshPaul

Quote from: QBZappy on April 27, 2015, 06:43:24 PM
Are you certain about this WelshPaul .
Yes, Mark has 100% definitely left OBIHAI unfortunately.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

ianobi

QuoteQuote from: WelshPaul on April 27, 2015, 01:37:09 am

I wish him all the best and I know for sure his input, advice and help on these forums will be missed.

+1

Mark will indeed be missed. Hopefully, Obihai will replace him with another good communicator, which is in both their and our interests.

Mango

This is not good at all.

For anyone whose device is mission critical or out of warranty, you may wish to prevent your device from automatically updating its firmware, since we now won't have release notes that state what the firmware does.  Let those with in-warranty devices be the beta testers.

System Management >> Auto Provisioning:
--Auto Firmware Update >> Method: Disabled
--ITSP Provisioning >> Method: Disabled
--OBiTalk Provisioning >> Method: Disabled

Voice Services >> OBiTALK Service:
--Enable: (Unchecked)