News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newegg has OBi202 for $49.99 (maybe)

Started by restamp, April 26, 2015, 07:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

restamp

Early this morning I noticed that Newegg was offering the OBi202 for $49.99 with a $20-off promo code EMCARNP72.  The promo code first showed up sometime yesterday, and it claims on the website to end on "4/25", but it was accepted when I decided to order a spare 202 to play around with.  FWIW, I had to use a CC to get the good price; when I tried to use PayPal, it indicated $49.99, but submitted $69.99 to PayPal for approval.  $49.99 is not a bad price.  If you need a 202, it might be worth checking to see if the promo code is still good.

restamp

I see the promo code has been removed from the Newegg online listing for the OBi202, so I guess the special offer is no more.

Can anyone who has been around longer than I have comment on how often these discounts are offered, either by Newegg or others?  Are they common?  I saw the OBi200 was on sale at Newegg a couple weeks ago.

rolandh

This is the first time I've seen the 202 on sale. Seems like over the last year or so the 200 would be on sale every couple of months or so. I usually stumble over the sales on one forum or another most often here or DSLR, http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip. I guess Obihai regularly puts this stuff on its' Facebook page but I'm not into Facebook all that much.

Taoman

Quote from: restamp on April 26, 2015, 12:30:14 PM
Can anyone who has been around longer than I have comment on how often these discounts are offered, either by Newegg or others?  Are they common?  I saw the OBi200 was on sale at Newegg a couple weeks ago.

Discounts are offered semi-regularly. Although, as mentioned, this is the first time I've seen a 202 discounted.

One place you can find OBi deals very soon after they become available is slickdeals.net. I set up a "Deal Alert" that looks for the key word "Obihai" on any new deals and sends me an email if there are any hits. This should give you a rough idea on how often OBi devices are discounted:

http://tiny.cc/g0mhxx