one-way audio when using Auto-Attendant with two different Service Providers

Started by joelost, April 23, 2015, 03:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelost

Hi!
forgive me if this is covered in another topic.  I have no luck searching here.

I have been using AA successfully for some time
and it's always been to call in on a GV DID and call out on a GV account.

Recently I tried calling in on a CallCentric DID and call out on a GV account and the receiving party can not hear the caller.

I have also tested GV in with callcentric out and callcentric in with  callcentric out and there's no problem.

So it's strickly a GV in and CC out that's causing one-way audio issues.

Please help
thanks
Joe F

N7AS

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

joelost

Thanks.   That seems to be the first suggestion everyone gives: OBI, CallCentric, etc. etc.

Been there; done that.

SIGH!

LTN1

Quote from: joelost on April 24, 2015, 11:19:19 AM
Thanks.   That seems to be the first suggestion everyone gives: OBI, CallCentric, etc. etc.

Been there; done that.

SIGH!

If you have attempted some troubleshooting methods, describe those in detail so the responder (who can't read your mind) can give other suggestions.

While "Been there; done that." may seem like a cool phrase for some, when you're trying to get help...it doesn't endear you to those who may consider helping you.

azrobert

When you have a call in session with an audio problem, in OBi Expert click on Status then click Call Status.
Look at the Audio Codec.
It should show the in and out codec for CC and GV.
Do they all match?
It was reported that different codecs caused an audio problem.

Are there TX and RX RTP Packet counts for CC and GV?

joelost

That's it! That's it! That's it!  Thank you, thank you thank you.

Your answer came in at the same time I was trying that.
Yes, when I look at Call Status it shows callcentric coming in with G729 and GV going out with 711U.

I took CC's "guess" and turned off all codecs except G711U and it worked!!!  :) :) :)

So my only follow up issue is :   can I live with only G711U and no G729??

OR

Is there some place in settings where I can say if/when I call out on the CC line can I say use G729
and  seems GV only likes G711U???

thanks again!
cheers
Joe F