News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Add Asterisk server as VOIP provider

Started by terraprime, April 30, 2015, 02:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terraprime

Hello,

I am using freepbx and have connected all my numbers and trunks to my PBX. 

I have created a number of extensions and now I want to set one of the extensions up on my obi device in exactly the same way as I would add any sip provider.

So the extension rings in the Asterisk and then on the Obi, just like it would if it was the asterisk and a voip phone.

I can't seem to find anything to help get this working, can anyone offer some assistance with this?

WelshPaul

I have a raspberry pi running FreePBX with multiple trunks and several extensions.

To register your Obi against a freepbx extension all you need to do is enter the IP address of the FreePBX server in the proxy field under Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > Sip found on the Obi and then enter the username and password of the extension under the 'AuthUserName' & 'AuthPassword' fields which can be found under Voice Services > SP1 again on the OBi.

If you have an extension named 200 then enter 200 as the username. The password can be found by clicking on Aplications > Extensions > Select extension on right hand side of the screen and scroll down to 'secret' in FreePBX (this is the extensions password).

If your setting up via the portal just select generic provider and enter the IP address of the FreePBX server in the proxy field and again enter the username and password for the extension and save.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

drgeoff

You can also do it without using up an additional SP slot. I don't currently have it running and it's been a while since I configured it so the following may not be 100% correct.

Set up the Asterisk extension as normal except instead of 'host=dynamic' put 'host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'. where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the OBi (which needs to be static) and ensure the port number is that of the SP slot you want to use. There is no further configuration needed on the OBi but optionally you may want to make additions to the InboundCallRoute of the SP you have overlaid with the Asterisk extension.

If you want to make calls from OBi to Asterisk, configure a VoiceGateway to send the user (ie extension name) and secret that you set on the Asterisk extension.

Edit: corrected after realising that IP address and port number are separate fields.