News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi constantly resetting

Started by cbrown642, May 02, 2015, 02:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrown642

I plugged in my obi202 and it started up just as expected.  Power light turns green, blinks green for a few seconds, the internet signal flashes and finally the power light goes solid green.  This happens for a bit, then the phone lights barely light up and all lights go out except the power which is now solid red.  Then the whole process starts all over again.  Because the device keeps resetting I cannot access it through a browser.  A phone is connected to phone port 1 and it has been put on the DMZ but still nothing.  It does this even when it is just the cable modem, the obi and a phone.  I have no idea what to do.

SteveInWA

Is this a new unit, being used for the first time, or had it been working for a while (how long?) and now it's failing?  If it's new, open a ticket with Obihai and get it replaced.

Try unplugging the telephone cord and the Ethernet cable, then powering it on with just the power cable connected.  Does it still recycle by itself?  If so, it's defective, or its power adapter is defective.

cbrown642

It is a brand new device. I just took it out of the box, plugged it up and it started doing that. I ran it through a hard reset and loaded factory settings. Nothing. I can't update the firmware as it keeps resetting.

SteveInWA

Did you try my suggested test, plugging in only the power adapter, and not the Ethernet nor telephone cables?  What happens when you do that?  If it still fails, it's defective; exchange it for another one.

cbrown642

Haven't tried that yet. I'll give it a shot once I get home from work. Thanks for your time.