News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One gv#, two locations

Started by helpful55, November 20, 2015, 09:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helpful55

I can find answers to other combinations but not this one. As I am setting up a new residence I will want to have my google voice number to come through obi's at both locations for some time while I transition. Of course each location will have separate net accounts and their own modem/routers. Will I be able to have each obi set up to feed through the calls from that one gv #? If so, is there anything special I need to do for the setup? Thanks for any help.

MurrayB

I did this for a while. I can't give you the details at the moment someone will chime in. It is called forking. The call would come in to one Obi and the call would be forked over the Obitalk network to the other Obi both would ring simultaneously. I would receive calls at each location nobody would know where I was when the call was answered.

Hopefully, this is what you are looking to do.

Good Luck!

azrobert

See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10428.0

If you have 2 OBi20x's, both will receive inbound calls without these modifications.

MurrayB

I should have mentioned that I was using two Obi110 and the inbound call route was modified.

helpful55

Great, thanks MurrayB and azrobert. I'll take a look into that. Be back if any questions. (likely!)