News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller Name and number ID for incoming calls

Started by dhwagner, May 12, 2015, 05:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhwagner

First if I have posted this in the wrong place let me know where it should be...

I have the OBI202
I have a Ring.to number on SP4
Is there a way to get the callers name and number ID to show up on incoming calls?
All I get now is the callers number.

Or is this something I need to go to Ring.To for? or both?

Any help would be appreciated?

rolandh

RingTo does not currently support inbound CNAM (Caller ID with Name). There is an active proposal to add the feature on the RingTo Community at https://community.ring.to/ideas/1325, you might wish to vote up.

Cheers! Roland

dhwagner

Is there another provider I can move the number to that I can use with Obi that will give me complete caller ID?

rolandh

There are many. The most frequently mentioned here are Anveo, Callcentric and VoIP.ms. I have personal experience with Anveo and Callcentric but not VoIP.ms. I find Callcentric's website easier to navigate but both are fine companies. VoIP.ms has an excellent reputation as well. Please understand that none of these options will be free, though VoIP in general is extremely reasonably priced. FWIW, Callcentric currently has a promotion offering to port your number in for free.

If free is a requirement, pairing Google Voice with Bill Simon's recently revived Google Voice Gateway might be an option. Like RingTo, Google Voice does not natively support CNAM. There is a one-time fee of $5 for the gateway. Porting your number from RingTo to GV will cost about $30 and require first porting the number to a prepaid mobile carrier and then to GV. Google Voice does not port landlines and RingTo's numbers are considered landlines.

Some have had success forwarding RingTo numbers to Callcentric. Callcentric offers free DIDs (phone numbers) but they are New York state numbers. Callcentric would then provide the inbound CNAM. You would need an additional open SP slot, however, to keep RingTo and add Callcentric, so that might not work for you.

Have a look around the various providers websites. I'm sure you'll find a fit for your needs.

Cheers! Roland

azrobert

Quote from: rolandh on May 13, 2015, 08:24:22 AM

Some have had success forwarding RingTo numbers to Callcentric. Callcentric offers free DIDs (phone numbers) but they are New York state numbers. Callcentric would then provide the inbound CNAM. You would need an additional open SP slot, however, to keep RingTo and add Callcentric, so that might not work for you.

You don't need to define Callcentric on an OBi to receive inbound calls.
Callcentric can route calls to your OBi using a SIP URI.

Add a Callcentric Call Treatment.
Select This Number.
Enter 0@xx.xx.xx.xx:5061
xx.xx.xx.xx is your public IP address.
5061 is the port number of SP2

SP2 X_InboundCallRoute: {>0:ph} or just {ph}

You then need to setup port forwarding in your router for the OBi X_UserAgent and RTP ports.

rolandh

Quote from: azrobert on May 13, 2015, 09:20:47 AM
You don't need to define Callcentric on an OBi to receive inbound calls.
Callcentric can route calls to your OBi using a SIP URI.

Add a Callcentric Call Treatment.
Select This Number.
Enter 0@xx.xx.xx.xx:5061
xx.xx.xx.xx is your public IP address.
5061 is the port number of SP2

SP2 X_InboundCallRoute: {>0:ph} or just {ph}

You then need to setup port forwarding in your router for the OBi X_UserAgent and RTP ports.

Thank you!

dhwagner

Thanks for all the input ...
Any know anything about PhonePower?
Their info sounds good?