News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Making a Voice Gateway the Primary Line

Started by restamp, May 12, 2015, 08:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

restamp

Is there a more direct way to make a Voice Gateway the Primary Line than creating a Trunk Group which consists only of that Voice Gateway and then defining that Trunk Group as the Primary Line?

azrobert

You be the judge if the following is a more direct method.

PHONE1
DigitMap:   (Mpli)
OutboundCallRoute:  {(Mpli):pli}

Change pli to the VG number you want to make primary.

OzarkEdge

Could also leave the Primary Line facility as is, and add the VGn digit map and route?

PH1 (Mph1) = OBi PH1 digit map = (...|(Mvg1)|(Mpli))
PH1 {Rph1} = OBi PH1 outbound call route = ...,{(Mvg1):vg1},{(Mpli):pli}

OE

restamp

Yeah, I guess after thinking about this further, it all comes down to what the DigitMaps stipulate.  The denoting of a Primary Line is merely a convenience for those who do not desire to delve into the intricacies of the Maps themselves.  Thanks, guys, for setting me straight.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: restamp on May 12, 2015, 07:30:53 PM
Yeah, I guess after thinking about this further, it all comes down to what the DigitMaps stipulate.  The denoting of a Primary Line is merely a convenience for those who do not desire to delve into the intricacies of the Maps themselves.  Thanks, guys, for setting me straight.

The PHONEn Port Primary Line selection associates dial plan variables pli and (Mpli) with the selected trunk or virtual trunk and its digit map.  That's all.  You still have to design and build your dial plan including all active digit maps and outbound call routes.  The only way to avoid the intricacies of dial planning is to let OBiTALK Provisioning cobble something together for you.

OE