News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Network status IP address not available please review faq reason 00

Started by Jay4, May 15, 2015, 05:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay4

I have an Obi202 on the latest firmware, 4581.  It is setup with a static IP.  Every few weeks it stops working.  You have a dial tone, you dial a number, but then you get the error: Network status IP address not available please review faq reason 00.  A reboot fixes the problem.  During the problem, I can load the webpage admin page at the IP address to make changes or view status.  From the web page, I can initiate a reboot that fixes everything.

Any suggestions?  Thank you.

OzarkEdge

It would appear the OBi thinks it has no IP address... router issue, cable issue, OBi issue?

If you revert to using DHCP, does the issue remain?

Do you assign the OBi's static IP address via the site router or by configuring these OBi settings:
AddressingType
IPAddress
SubnetMask
DefaultGateway
DNSServer1
DNSServer2

If your router supports static IP assignment, I would leave the OBi using DHCP, and have the site router assign a static IP per the OBi MAC address.  Then all of those other settings are handled/managed by the site router.

Try a different cable from the site router.

Confirm the OBi static IP settings are correct and do not conflict.

Ask Obihai to revisit this previous bug in their firmware.

I assume you are using the OBi202 in bridge mode.

OE

Jay4

OE:  Thanks for the reply.  Yes, OBi202 in bridge mode. I'm fairly confident it isn't the router or Ethernet cable as the device still responds to ICMP, and the web admin page fully works.  I've got 40+ other devices on the network as well with no issues.  The IP is set static in the OBI itself.  I haven't tested using DHCP but will try that.  If that doesn't work, I guess I'll ask Obihai support.  Their support didn't impress me on a previous issue.