News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls to OBI100 do not go through GV

Started by johnfromjax, May 21, 2015, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnfromjax

This is a new configuration with GV and OBI100.

I find that I can make outgoing calls from phone connected to OBI100 but incoming calls to GV number do not cause phone on OBI100 to ring.

I saw one comment to delete the Google Chat then reestablish it. For some reason I am not able to delete it. It is checked to pass calls to OBI.

Any thoughts??

SteveInWA

You should be able to delete the Google Chat forwarding destination.  It sounds like you're not doing something correctly.

Read and follow my detailed instructions here:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

johnfromjax

I read through the old article but for some reason I am unable to delete the chat forwarding in GV so I can restablish it in GMail. This has got to be the problem.

When I look in GV Google Chat is checked.
My GMail address is displayed
It says EDIT and Delete

When I check delete a message pops up asking if I really want to delete the forwarding number. I say yes. The popup goes away but nothing is deleted.??

Not sure where to go next???

SteveInWA

Add and verify an actual telephone number as a forwarding destination.  It can be any mobile or landline/VoIP number, on which you can receive and respond to the verification phone call.  After successfully doing that, test that calls made to your GV number do forward to that forwarding phone number, and you can answer the call there.

Log out of your Google account on your browser, clear the browser's cache, history and cookies, close and reopen the browser, and log back into your Google account.

After successfully doing that, then you should be able to delete the Chat forwarding destination and add it back again.

johnfromjax

Still NO GO!

The problem is definitely in GV with the CHAT feature.

I can call the GV number and have calls forwarded to another number no problem.

I am unable to delete and reestablish CHAT in GV therefore cannot ever get calls sent to OBI100.

This is beyond my understanding now????

johnfromjax

As I am reading about CHAT on GMail and GV I see things written about Hangouts. I don't know what they are but could they be impacting my CHAT issue???

SteveInWA

Hangouts operates independently of Chat, and has no impact whatsoever on whether or not Chat works with your account.  The only issue is that, when using Gmail, the "call phone" feature will either use Chat, or Hangouts, but not both.  You need to at least temporarily revert your Gmail account back to using Chat, as I documented in my instructions (did you actually read through and follow those instructions completely?).

Please take a screenshot of this web page:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Obscure (block out) your private information (email address and all but the last 4 digits of the phone numbers), and then click "Additional options..." below, to attach the screenshot with your reply.

johnfromjax

Steve

Thank you. I went back again through all of the steps you referred to.

I still could not delete chat but GMail said I was only using chat so I ignored it.

Once I got to OBI whereas last time I did not delete and reinstall GV. This time I did and voila it works!!

I guess I will ignore the chat issue since it all does appear to work. Thank you for taking the time to make me go back through all of the steps again.

Johnfromjax :D