News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New setup - Phone doesn't ring unless 1 outbound call made

Started by FLHC, May 09, 2015, 11:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLHC

Hi All,

Recently setup Obi devices. One for home and one in my office. The first (home) setup was working fine until I setup the office location. Now, at any given point the phones don't ring on incoming calls unless I sort of wake it up (make an outbound call from that phone first)

I suspect it has something to do with the multi location setup. Same google voice number / account on both setups.

Any help would be appreciated! I'd really like to get this to work.
Pat

azrobert

You must have 2 OBi1xx devices.
I thought it was the last OBi1xx to register to GV that receive the inbound calls, but apparently it's the last to be used.
I just learned something today.
Anyway, make the following changes on both OBi1xx's using OBi Expert.

Assuming GV is defined on SP1
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,pp(200xxxxxx)
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

Change 200xxxxxx to the OBi Number of the other OBi1xx

NoelB

Quote from: FLHC on May 09, 2015, 11:09:34 AM
Now, at any given point the phones don't ring on incoming calls unless I sort of wake it up (make an outbound call from that phone first)
/quote]

I am not sure of your set-up but this is often caused by the nat session set-up in your gateway router by your last register expiring before it gets refreshed by the next register. If an invite comes in during this period it will be dropped. You "waking it up" with an outbound call is refreshing the nat session. This can be fixed in several ways. Some routers you can telnet into and extend the session time out. If not try reducing the register timing . If you have changed the 60 sec default try setting it back to this value.
Some voip providers have a minimum registration period to limit loading on their server so you could also enable
SPx X_KeepAliveEnable which will do the same thing using 12 bytes of random data and doesnt require a response.

FLHC

Thanks for the reply all -- much appreciated!  I'm troubleshooting today so I'll report back.