News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't make or receive calls on OBi200 with GV

Started by Kristen, May 14, 2015, 09:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristen

I'm brand spankin' new to OBi & can't seem to get my system to work.  I have the OBi200 and am using GV as my service provider.  GV is configured to forward calls to Google Chat and my OBiTALK dashboard status says that Google Voice is connected as SP1.  The echo test works just fine.  Unfortunately, when I make a phone call, the other person's phone rings but when they answer it they can't hear me even though I can hear them.  When someone calls me, my OBi-connected phone rings but I am unable to answer the call.  I am able to make GV phone calls from my laptop with no problems but the whole reason I purchased the OBi200 was to enable me to walk around the house with a phone instead of being tied to the laptop.  And here's the kicker...when I first set the OBi200 up I was having the problem mentioned above. Then, I tried de-selecting call forwarding in GV to my cell phone and then things actually worked properly for a couple phone calls (coincidence?) but then it stopped working again.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm totally pulling my hair out here because I have no clue what I'm doing!  ???

OzarkEdge

Try logging into your router, find a WAN function called SIP ALG or SIP Passthrough or similar, and disable it, reboot, and retest.  Maybe it's messing with GV XMPP traffic.

OE

Kristen

OzarkEdge

You're welcome.  Let's hope that was it.

OE