News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Touchtones spontaneously stop working

Started by restamp, May 20, 2015, 11:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

restamp

On a small (but large enough to be annoying) number of calls, touchtones just spontaneously stop being recognized in the middle of the call.  Usually this means I have to abandon and redial the call.  This has happened on both my OBi200 and 202 ATAs, and on both the GV and SIP trunks.  I have not really fiddled with tweaking parameters yet, feeling that it would be better to ask the experts than play around with something I would have a difficult time analyzing anyway because it is infrequent.

DTMFMethod has been left defaulted to Auto.  Should I change this?  Is there anything I can check while the call is still in progress?

(My old PAP-2T box was awful about falsely detecting TTs in some callers voices.  Luckily, the OBi boxes seem to have solved that problem, but it would be nice if legitimate TTs could get through.)

TIA

SteveInWA

Quote from: restamp on May 20, 2015, 11:49:27 AM
On a small (but large enough to be annoying) number of calls, touchtones just spontaneously stop being recognized in the middle of the call.  Usually this means I have to abandon and redial the call.  This has happened on both my OBi200 and 202 ATAs, and on both the GV and SIP trunks.  I have not really fiddled with tweaking parameters yet, feeling that it would be better to ask the experts than play around with something I would have a difficult time analyzing anyway because it is infrequent.

DTMFMethod has been left defaulted to Auto.  Should I change this?  Is there anything I can check while the call is still in progress?

(My old PAP-2T box was awful about falsely detecting TTs in some callers voices.  Luckily, the OBi boxes seem to have solved that problem, but it would be nice if legitimate TTs could get through.)

TIA

Two different OBi devices.  Two entirely different Internet Telephone Service providers.  What do these things have in common?  The same telephone and telephone cord?  Try a different telephone and cord. 

Use some basic technical troubleshooting skills...

YaddaYaddaObi

You're not the only one. This just happened to me today on my Obi202/GV setup.