News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Firmware update for 20x series

Started by Taoman, May 26, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zorlac

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 14, 2018, 12:04:54 PM
Just let the system push the update to your device automatically.
The only way for me to get to SoftwareVersion 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX) was to delete my obi200 from the portal and reconfigure sp1-3 from scratch.
***6 or rebooting got me nowhere with my existing 3.2.1 (Build: 5794EX) fw.
So much for their "push" service.  ???
I'd just like the ability to flash it myself, other ATA's & routers expect you to be able to flash their device so just give me the option!

Please PolyCom put up a REAL ftp site.....PLEASE!!!

SteveInWA

Quote from: zorlac on May 14, 2018, 06:33:08 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on May 14, 2018, 12:04:54 PM
Just let the system push the update to your device automatically.
The only way for me to get to SoftwareVersion 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX) was to delete my obi200 from the portal and reconfigure sp1-3 from scratch.
***6 got me nowhere with my existing 3.2.1 (Build: 5794EX)

Please PolyCom put up a REAL ftp site.....PLEASE!!!

So far, the reported cases of 200/202s not upgrading automatically were caused by user modifications to the device.  Factory resetting and re-doing everything fixes it.  Manually downloading the firmware would not likely have helped, in this particular case, as you'd probably never figure out which customization was causing the problem.

zorlac

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 14, 2018, 06:39:10 PM
Manually downloading the firmware would not likely have helped, in this particular case, as you'd probably never figure out which customization was causing the problem.
But I'd still be able to flash the obi fw if I could just get the stupid file!
Now I have to re-figure out how to fix the pregnant pause after Anveo's 911 test, that used to work before I deleted Anveo from SP3.  ::)

In case it helps someone else, this is the delay fix courtesy of AZROBERT

When you don't explicitly define a rule for a number in a DigitMap, the dialed number will match the catch all rule "xx.". When this happens you will get a 10 second delay. Without seeing your configuration I guessing you have 911 defined, but not 933.

Find the 911 definition. It should be in the Phone Port DigitMap or the DigitMap for Anveo.

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> DigitMap

Change 911 to 911S0|933S0

When you define 911 there will be a 2 second delay.
With the S + zero suffix there will be no delay.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911S0|933S0|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Default config below.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

chilirock

Quote from: chilirock on May 13, 2018, 01:29:15 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on May 12, 2018, 10:03:18 PM
But, that setting usually comes into play AFTER you connect to the called party, and you are saying that the friend can't even key in *123 to reach CC VM?  That's sounds like a digit map problem.  Can it call ANY number?
Regarding "Can it call ANY number?", yes, dialing other numbers and connecting to calls are working as normal, fine.

Regarding, "Sounds like digit map problem", that's what I suspected as well. It seems like the Obi is just not registering the number string that I dialed. It must not be matched to one of the dialing strings so it waits and eventually gives me a fast busy tone.

After looking closer at the settings, and comparing against those from another Obi200 device setup with a different CallCentric account, I noticed that the "*123" was missing from the DigitMap under Service Providers >> ITSP Profile (for Callcentric) >> General. I don't know why this would be missing from one device and not the other. I thought I set them both up the same way using the ObiTalk portal, yet one had the "|*123|" in the DigitMap and the other did not.

I tried removing the CallCentric account from the Obi with the missing string and re-adding it. That did not help. When I re-added the CallCentric account it seems to have retained all of the previous ObitTalk portal settings associated with the deleted account, e.g. I set a static IP for the Obi200. Is that normal? I expected it to delete all settings associated with the CC account and require me to add them back.

I had to manually go uncheck the two boxes next to DigitMap and add the missing string then submit the changes for them to be applied. All is working now with the CC VM, I just haven't determined the root cause for the missing string in the first place. Any ideas?

RFC3261

Quote from: zorlac on May 14, 2018, 07:02:25 PM
Perhaps I am reading too much into the words, but it seems to me that those that are paid by the companies involved (either directly, or indirectly) have made it pretty clear that if you want to use an OBi (especially with GV), you are going to have to learn to live within their ecosystem and the way they have chosen to move forward and deliver service.  If you do not like what Obihai and Google are doing (and some will not), you should probably start the planning of your move to one of the alternatives available to you.  A number of vendors (some actively participating on this board) have offered to help you move to their service(s).  The OBi devices (and/or the GV service) were never for everyone.

JohnRadu

After spending hours trying to fix a seemingly defective automatic firmware update (power light flashed green, then after unplugging/replugging flashed red/green), I finally found a solution that worked for me. It does not seem like the flashing process is the problem. The problem seems to be when the device reboots and tries to reinitialize. That's when it gets hung up.

The solution:  Factory-Reset. (***Note: it may take several factory resets to actually get solid green power light***)

Instructions: https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset

I really had to factory reset several times for it to finally boot up correctly and have a solid power light, but then I was able to re-register the device on obitalk.com and been working like a charm. Hope this helps.

zorlac

Quote from: RFC3261 on May 15, 2018, 10:59:31 AM
Quote from: zorlac on May 14, 2018, 07:02:25 PM
Perhaps I am reading too much into the words, but it seems to me that those that are paid by the companies involved (either directly, or indirectly) have made it pretty clear that if you want to use an OBi (especially with GV), you are going to have to learn to live within their ecosystem and the way they have chosen to move forward and deliver service.  If you do not like what Obihai and Google are doing (and some will not), you should probably start the planning of your move to one of the alternatives available to you.  A number of vendors (some actively participating on this board) have offered to help you move to their service(s).  The OBi devices (and/or the GV service) were never for everyone.
Then why not just take away the ability to upload a fw file directly to the device (the fw update ability is still available with the current fw)? If the manufacturer doesn't want provide access to the fw files having a user flash routine is rather pointless isn't it? Also, the device's fw is something that can affect normal sip services not just GV.

If you go back to the beginning of this topic you'll see that the fw was pretty readily available years ago not to mention quite a few active links to outdated fw.
If they provided a normal ftp site at least the fw revisions would be in some type of logical hierarchy.

On a more positive note, I was on the phone today for over two hours with two different people and the annoying delay that makes GV pretty frustrating at times has been GREATLY reduced, less than probably 1/2 what it used to be. So this update was certainly a BIG improvement for GV IMO!!

FWIW, these stats used to be a lot worse with this amount of data.

RFC3261

Quote from: zorlac on May 15, 2018, 08:24:12 PM
Then why not ...
As you state, Obihai decided to end formal firmware distribution to customers not using their automated upgrades (or via partners who have a different contractual arrangement) quite a long time ago.  That some people that participate here have managed to "guess" the new firmware locations, and then share how to access them, is not a fully supported solution.  It just happened to work.  Times may change.  It is impossible to accurately predict the future.  Polycom (last I knew) offers free downloads of firmware, but charges substantially more upfront (which presumably helps pays for the future software development).  That is certainly one way to move forward.  Another is to keep the lower upfront cost and move to a more formal licensing model for future software updates.  The fact that Obihai decided in this case to release the firmware for the new (and improved?) GV integration for free via their automated processes is a really nice gift.  I would have fully expected to have to pay for that upgrade (I had been using the device for many years without paying a dime for that software development work).  In any case, their business, their choices, so all we can do is wait and see what happens.  If the current situation, or any changes, are not to ones liking, it will be time to move on to another solution that meets ones expectations.

ma678

It seems GV took sometime to settle up. Now all accounts connect without any drops.

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 13, 2018, 12:06:26 AM
Quote from: ma678 on May 12, 2018, 10:43:53 PM
My three GV accounts show "Connecting to 64.9.240.172" every few minutes. May I change setting anywhere to keep alive interval longer?

Thanks.

NO.  Do NOT change the keep-alive interval.  Google Voice will specifically block connections if the endpoint is sending rapid keep-alives.  Leave it at the default.  In fact, the error you describe can be caused by changing the keep-alive settings.

If you can't get your device to connect and stay connected, then delete it off of the OBiTALK portal, restore it to factory defaults, re-add it to the portal, and re-configure Google Voice.  Do not make any "expert mode" changes to the Google Voice SPx settings.

NomadTech

Quote from: zorlac on May 14, 2018, 11:42:04 AM
Is there a working url for their ftp sever to download the latest revision of fw?
I wish they had a normal ftp site that I could peruse.  :-[

This works:  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-1-5794EX.fw

But this doesn't:  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5859EX.fw

Thanks

Try this https://www.obitalk.com/images/OBi202-3-2-2-5857EX-19283837473.fw and don't worry abou it saying 5857 as it is 5859.  I am using it on my second OBI202 that didn't update no matter what I did, while the first one did.

zorlac

Quote from: NomadTech on May 21, 2018, 07:55:39 AM
Try this https://www.obitalk.com/images/OBi202-3-2-2-5857EX-19283837473.fw and don't worry abou it saying 5857 as it is 5859.  I am using it on my second OBI202 that didn't update no matter what I did, while the first one did.
Bzzzzt....The Obi police did ya in! 
But thanks for playing! :D
404 Not Found

DrewMan

So my Obi 200 is on 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX) which I believe is the latest.  Google Chat is still an option in my legacy Google Voice settings.  I have GVGW (Simon) on SP1, CallCentric inbound free DID on SP2, and CircleNet on SP3.  I can uncheck Google Chat and still receive calls on GVGW... and even forward to CallCentric.  Don't see any mention of device Obi in my Gvoice dashboard.  

Should something change in my GV account?

Thanks.

Drew

Polka

Recently my OBi202 was automatically updated to v3.2.2 Build: 5859EX, though I can not seem to find a download link for this version and none of the links in this thread work either.

Does anyone know where it can be downloaded from?

Thanks, Polka

RFC3261

Quote from: Polka on June 17, 2018, 06:09:45 AM
Does anyone know where it can be downloaded from?
As this thread discusses, there are no stable links directly available from Obihai for the latest firmware(s).  The firmware update process has been changed, and one should let the device auto-update and negotiate the changes with GV to replace the XMPP connection in preference to the SIP (plus additional standards) connection.

scott818

jentzd

Hello,

I have a 202 that is updated to 5859EX, but a specific setting is not working for me.

I would like roll back to 5794EX. I have the old fw file (and several other old fw files) but logging in to the web interface will not let me roll back. It says instead

Firmware Update Failed
Firmware package checksum error

I know the file is good, used on other devices. Same error with other "good" fw files too.
Any way to force it back?? Did I essentially brick this device (for me ) by going to 5859EX? I do not use google voice.

-Dave

GPz1100

Once you you accepted the new firmware there is no downgrading. 

For those that don't want to fall into this trap, use the modded firmware which allows downgrading and offers some additional features - unsanctioned of course.

Quote from: jentzd on July 01, 2018, 12:55:55 PM
Hello,

I have a 202 that is updated to 5859EX, but a specific setting is not working for me.

I would like roll back to 5794EX. I have the old fw file (and several other old fw files) but logging in to the web interface will not let me roll back. It says instead

Firmware Update Failed
Firmware package checksum error

I know the file is good, used on other devices. Same error with other "good" fw files too.
Any way to force it back?? Did I essentially brick this device (for me ) by going to 5859EX? I do not use google voice.

-Dave

RFC3261

Quote from: jentzd on July 01, 2018, 12:55:55 PM
Any way to force it back??
Due to perceived "issues" introduced by 3rd parties, the firmwares now attempt to validate the authenticity of the loads on the devices.  It is a little unclear if one will be able to roll forward/backward between all validated firmwares in the future, but you cannot go back to a version before the validation was enabled (for what should be obvious reasons).

You are better off opening a case with obihai/polycom to get your setting issue resolved (whatever that is) and prepare to go forward.

jfort

So what IS the most current and desired firmware following the recent Google Voice carnage? I just bought a new Obi200 and it's displaying 3.2.2 (Build: 5897EX) on the device status page. I see no reference anywhere of this particular version. At any rate, I got the new device up and running with Google Voice and Callcentric E911/CNAME subscription. Initially everything seems OK and I can make and receive calls, which wasn't happening with my Obi100.

Chriv

I upgraded my Obi200 firmware yesterday to 3.2.2 (Build: 5897EX), and cannot get Google Voice to ring or call. I see that I am supposed to have the new option of OBiTALK Device on my Google Voice Legacy Settings page, but it is not there.

This explains why I cannot make or receive calls, because everything else from OBI panel shows connected and online.

I have reset (both hard and soft) the Obi200, and followed the various instructions from prior posts, but nothing has helped.

Anyone have any ideas on what else I should try?

Thanks in advance.