News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Distinctive ring using Alert-Info on Obi1032 Phone using asterisk

Started by NECITS2015, May 26, 2015, 07:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NECITS2015

Any one successfully get distinctive ring to work with asterisk/freepbx using the obi1032?

I've tried adding http://www.xyz.com/some-folder/bellcore-dr4 to alert-info on my incoming route in freepbx 12 with no success. I've also tried adding the alert-info sip header to my extention config......  SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: info=http://www.xyz.com/some-folder/bellcore-dr4) with no success.

Help!!!!!

NECITS2015

I was able to come with a temporary workaround but it is cumbersome and very time consuming. Using the built in phone book app when creating a new entry there is an option to select the ringtone for that particular number. So just enter the extension number in the number field and select a different ring tone (OfficeB.wav). Obviously this is very time consuming (You would have to manually enter each extension to the phone book on each phone) and would be too much work unless you only have a few extensions but I figured I'd through it out there  :) You can import to the phone from a csv file but you still have to go in and manually select the ringtone for each extension. As far as i know there is no way to autoprovision this so still looking for the Alert-info solution!!!

azrobert

Just use bellcore-dr4 for alert-Info in the inbound route.

NECITS2015

I tried that along with about a hundred other combinations. It will still only ring the ringtone selected under User Preferences.

azrobert

It does seem like you are locked into the ring tone under User Preferences. Like an OBi ATA there is an X_DefaultRing on each SP trunk. There should be a way to override the User Preference with the trunk setting, but I can't find it. Blanking out the ring tone didn't work. The User Guide was zero help.

FYI setting Alert-Info to bellcore-dr4 works on an OBI ATA.