News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Map specific outbound number to a line

Started by thebonedoc, May 18, 2015, 05:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebonedoc

Hi

I am new to this Obi programming language. How do I setup to have a specific phone number that is dialed automatically forward to a line on an Ob100?

Thanks
Kenny

OzarkEdge

An OBi speed dial sp1(xxxxxxxxxx) will route xxx-xxx-xxxx to trunk sp1.

An OBi PHONE port digit map rule |<S0:xxxxxxxxxx>| will automatically route xxx-xxx-xxxx to the PHONE port outbound call route, which, if defined properly, will route the number to the desired trunk.  This 'hot line' implementation would be the most 'automatic'.  I've not tried this one.

See the http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf for details.

Another interpretation of your question...

Place the specific phone number |xxxxxxxxxx| in the digit map of the desired trunk.  When dialed, it will match best and be routed out that trunk.

OE

thebonedoc

Thanks for you reply. I am a newbie when it comes to the phone programming language..

I tried inserting the number into the DigitMap of the trunk I wanted to use but did not work.

Here is what is in my digitmap:

|yyyyyyyyyy|(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

with yyyyyyyyyy being the specific number I want routed to that trunk.

Is this correct because it doesnt seem to be working

thanks
KG

ianobi

All the rules need to be inside the parentheses. Like this:

(yyyyyyyyyy|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

azrobert

I don't think adding the number to the DigitMap will work.
Remove your change.
Add the following to the Phone Port outbound call route:
{1yyyyyyyyyy:spx},

Change spx to the trunk you want.
This should work for 10 or 11 digit numbers.

azrobert

Routing an outbound call is a 2 step process.
The phone port DigitMap validates a 10 or 11 digit dialed number using the primary line's DigitMap via rule (Mpli).
Rule <1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx will prefix a 10 digit number with a one.

If the number matches a rule in the DigitMap the phone port outbound call route will route the call to the primary line using rule {(Mpli):pli}

If you want to route a call to a trunk other than the primary line you must prefix the number with **n or add a rule like I suggested.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: thebonedoc on May 29, 2015, 09:33:22 AM
Thanks for you reply. I am a newbie when it comes to the phone programming language..

I tried inserting the number into the DigitMap of the trunk I wanted to use but did not work.

Here is what is in my digitmap:

|yyyyyyyyyy|(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

with yyyyyyyyyy being the specific number I want routed to that trunk.

Is this correct because it doesnt seem to be working

thanks
KG

Others here have given you some good pointers.  Mine was incomplete...

Assuming you are new to using an OBi, I suspect you will want to build a complete dial plan.  OBiTALK Provisioning may do this for you (somewhat), but I encourage you to study some on your own if you want to have some fun and more control over using your OBi.

For starters, review the OBi202 Dial Plan in my notes and reference the syntax and nomenclature in the Digit Maps and Call Routes section.  With a little study and familiarity, it will start to make sense.  I've laid out my dial plan elements in an orderly fashion... the OBi way.  Once you understand these elements and their usage, you can modify their content slightly to do your own thing without having to determine their usage from scratch.

For example, the Phone Port digit map, (Mph1) or (Mph), hardly ever needs to change once setup for the OBi's outbound dialing requirements.  If you do start reworking it, you'll know then what you are doing and will have special needs.

My dial plan uses a trunk group to aggregate all trunks into one virtual trunk.  My notes suggest how this works.  Adding your specific number to one trunk's digit map would then automatically route that specific number out that specific trunk via the trunk group.  But I suspect you need a more general dial plan to route all digits dialed, like the rest of us.  My dial plan using trunk groups does this automatically, just like dialing out a POTS line.

Give it a look.  The Dial Plan Summary lists most of and cross-references all of the various outbound dialing requirements supported by my dial plan.  I wanted it to be comprehensive... it supports dialing everything I could discover to be possible.  :)

OE