News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 which were auto updated to 5757EX show red offline on ObiTalk portal

Started by oldunixguy, November 08, 2017, 09:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldunixguy

All 4 of my Obi200 are managed from the ObiTalk portal.
All of then recently stopped working with google voice as I have previously reported.
All of them were automatically sent the new 5757EX firmware despite not wanting the Obi Extra.
Following numerous posts here I changed the DNSServer 1 and 2 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and then I deleted and re-added each 200 and reconfigured google voice on each.

This made them work.

However, today ALL 4 Obi200 show on ObiTalk with the red "offline". Yet, they all still work. And the ObiExpert works fine to status and provision them.

What is going on?

When will the well-known place for firmware updates http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0 list the latest and also the versions for non-extra?

thanks
oldunixguy

SteveInWA

I just checked at 21:15 PST, and all of my 6 OBiTALK-managed devices show online.  Perhaps it's just some temporary cosmic swamp gas thing with your account.  I wouldn't worry about it for now, as long as the devices work for you.  There have also been quite a few brief outages on the portal in the past, that get resolved the next day.

OBiEXTRAs is definitely not required to use the OBis with Google Voice.  You took all the correct, necessary steps. Good luck!