News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi 110 as sip server

Started by geonasf, March 04, 2012, 02:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geonasf

hello to all
i bought one obi 110 and i want to share the pstn line with one siemens ip phone and one pap2 which are in the same lan. can anyone tell to me how can i connect 2 devices to the obi over ip?
thank you

Stewart

An OBi is not a SIP server -- it will not respond to a REGISTER request.  On the PAP2, you can set Register to no and Make Call Without Reg and Answer Call Without Reg to yes.

Assuming that SP2 is configured for SIP:

For incoming, set InboundCallRoute for the Line port to e.g. {ph,sp2(1234@192.168.1.123:5064)} where 1234 is the User ID on the PAP2, 192.168.1.123 is the PAP2's IP address, and 5064 is the SIP Port for the PAP2 line in question.  To get caller ID, you'll need to set spoofing for SP2 (with appropriate measures if the provider on SP2 does not support spoofing).

For outgoing, the PAP2 sends the call (via Proxy, the dialplan or a speed dial) to 192.168.1.234:5061 where 192.168.1.234 is the IP address of the OBi and 5061 is the value of X_UserAgentPort for SP2.  InboundCallRoute for SP2 needs to distinguish a PAP2 call from a service provider call and route it to the Line port.  If your router exposes the port to the Internet, this is a big security risk.  You might filter based on the caller ID from the device and/or a "secret" prefix added to the destination number.  You might also restrict such calling to local or domestic numbers.

The Gigaset does not provide an option for not registering and will continuously show registration failure.  However, it can still make and receive calls on that provider slot.

An alternative to all these constraints is to put e.g. a PBXes account in the path.  If you set up the OBi as a "sub PBX", you can still have single stage dialing to the Line port.  I took this approach, in part because it gives me free voicemail for the POTS line.

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on March 04, 2012, 03:07:42 AM
To get caller ID, you'll need to set spoofing for SP2 (with appropriate measures if the provider on SP2 does not support spoofing).

This will only get you CallerID for incoming calls to the service provider configured on SP2.  Incoming calls from the LINE Port and SP1 will show the SP2 -> AuthUserName for CallerID as Obihai has intentionally crippled the propogation of CallerID between trunks other than the OBiTALK Service trunk.

RonR

Quote from: geonasf on March 04, 2012, 02:01:21 AM
i bought one obi 110 and i want to share the pstn line with one siemens ip phone and one pap2 which are in the same lan. can anyone tell to me how can i connect 2 devices to the obi over ip?

Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk Using SIP illustrates a configuration that will allow connecting SIP clients to OBi's for flexible outbound calling.

Incoming calls are easily accommodated as Stewart pointed out:

... -> InboundCallRoute : {ph,spx(userid@192.168.1.120:5062),spx(userid@192.168.1.121:5064)}

Security concerns are easily addressed using:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x -> SIP -> X_AccessList

I use this very configuration to connect a second telephone using a PAP2 to one of my OBi110's.

Stewart

Quote from: RonR on March 04, 2012, 10:41:47 AMThis will only get you CallerID for incoming calls to the service provider configured on SP2.  Incoming calls from the LINE Port and SP1 will show the SP2 -> AuthUserName for CallerID as Obihai has intentionally crippled the propogation of CallerID between trunks other than the OBiTALK Service trunk.
I'm running 1.3.0(2586) and was pretty sure it was working when I left in November.  The (simplified) InboundCallRoute for the Line port is {SP1(xxxx)} with spoofing set for SP1 and where SP1 is a PBXes sub-PBX and xxxx is a ring group.  The IP phones that are members of that ring group would show the correct caller ID.

As you know, I lost control of the OBi shortly thereafter; to continue to receive those calls, I forwarded the Orange pseudo-landline to a DID at ippi.fr, to which the PBXes account registers.  This had somewhat better quality and lower latency than going through the OBi, so I left it that way, even after a friend power cycled the OBi and got it running again.  Bottom line is that I can't retest it now, because I don't want to risk losing control again.  Do you have an easy way to confirm or refute my experience?

RonR

Stewart,

It appears Obihai lifted this restriction somewhere along the way without disclosing it.  It does appear to work using 1.3.0 (Build: 2675).

Stewart

I found some old CDRs on the PBXes site, including one record that IMO proves that Line->SP1 spoofing was working.  I made a test call from my Phonepower +1-775-xxx-xxxx number to the Orange +331-xxxx-xxxx DID.  The PBXes log shows the caller ID number as 001775xxxxxxx and the call sourced from my home IP.  I have no service other than Orange that would send a caller ID in that format, and I certainly would not have hard coded such a number in the OBi.

So, at this point we know that Line->SPx(xxxx) can spoof, and that Line->VGx(xxxx) cannot spoof.  The remaining question is whether Line->Spx(xxxx@1.2.3.4) can spoof.  Can someone please test that?

Stewart

Quote from: RonR on March 04, 2012, 12:08:19 PM
It appears Obihai lifted this restriction somewhere along the way without disclosing it.  It does appear to work using 1.3.0 (Build: 2675).
I posted just after you typed this and hadn't seen it.  Do you know whether the "lifting" applies to SPx(xxxx), SPx(xxxx@1.2.3.4), and/or VGx(xxxx)?

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on March 04, 2012, 12:14:40 PM
Do you know whether the "lifting" applies to SPx(xxxx), SPx(xxxx@1.2.3.4), and/or VGx(xxxx)?

With X_SpoofCallerID enabled, it appears that SPx(anything) from an InboundCallRoute passes CallerID but using a Voice Gateway still does not.

hwittenb

I validated that (with xSpoofCallerID set) the OBi110 does send an incoming pstn line caller id to PBXes when, with InboundCallRoute I both ring the OBi's phone and send the call to a number at PBXes.  It wouldn't do it if the inbound route was just SP2(xxxxxxxxxxx).  I seemed to need {SP2(xxxxxxxxxxx),ph}.  The PBXes extension was configured as a SubPBX as Stewart outlined.  The call history at PBXes shows the caller id was passed, but the outgoing trunk at PBXes didn't carry it forward. 

I have found that a number of voip providers will not accept an outgoing call with a spoofed caller id.  There have been some postings about using providers that authenticate by ip address to circumvent this problem.

Another way to pass an incoming caller id from the OBi's line port (with xSpoofCallerID set) is to send the call to a voip account as a sip uri call.  This is an incoming unauthenticated call to your voip account.  The voip account can then forward the call to your mobile or wherever and pass on the caller id.  With some voip providers like Anveo you can simultaneously ring multiple phones with the incoming call to the OBi in this manner.

One thing to keep in mind though about timing, it takes the OBi 4 seconds before it has the incoming caller id from the PSTN line.  There is a Ring Delay setting on the Line Port where you can tweek this, but my experience is the OBi doesn't have the caller id much before the 4 seconds after the ringing starts.

RonR

Quote from: hwittenb on March 04, 2012, 08:41:49 PM
It wouldn't do it if the inbound route was just SP2(xxxxxxxxxxx).

Did you try? : {sp2(xxxxxxxxxxx)}

geonasf

hi guys
thank you for your reply and for your time but i am new here (with voip).can you please tell to me what to do exactly?which settings to do to the obi110 and which settings to the pap2? i have only the pstn and i want to share it over the lan with pap2 and siemens ip or with another pap2. i don't have any sip provider and i don't need it for now. thank you.

RonR

Quote from: geonasf on March 05, 2012, 04:44:53 AM
can you please tell to me what to do exactly?which settings to do to the obi110 and which settings to the pap2?

Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk Using SIP

hwittenb

Quote from: RonR on March 04, 2012, 09:29:04 PM
Did you try? : {sp2(xxxxxxxxxxx)}
I tested it again today and it sent the caller id either way, i.e. with or without the { }.  Not sure why it did not do it last night.

RonR

Quote from: hwittenb on March 05, 2012, 07:35:34 AM
I tested it again today and it sent the caller id either way, i.e. with or without the { }.  Not sure why it did not do it last night.

With only a single rule, the surrounding {} should be optional.