News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Making changes=> from GV to Callcentric for incoming only on SP2 (Obi110) ??

Started by vtsnaab, May 09, 2014, 06:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtsnaab

I have searched several different ways here and have also read the CC setup info at=>
http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi100
I can easily follow the directions on that page - but need to know how to make sure that SP2 is not used for outgoing calls at all.
(Of course that page mentions making calls and doesn't specifically mention incoming call settings.)

For the next few days of phone usage I wish to change only SP2 (leaving SP1 as it is) so that I may start testing & using the free NY DID I have with CC.
(It would be best if it could have a different ring also as I'll always know who I've given that number to...)

When the deadline for the end of XMPP is closer I will then proceed to change SP1 from GV to Future9, but for now it is OK as it is.

If there are specific details already posted someplace for CC/SP2/incoming only - would some kind person help me to know where that info may be; and if not - please, someone instruct me in how to get this done correctly ??

Thanks for any help.

gderf

Unless you have subscribed to a paid for outgoing service plan with Callcentric, you can't dial out at all except for 911 if you took E911 paid for service with the free DID. Just register SP2 with your Callcentric IP Freedom credentials. Simplest way to do that is via the OBiTALK portal.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

vtsnaab

Thanks Gderf:
Quote from: gderf on May 09, 2014, 06:40:32 PM
Unless you have subscribed to a paid for outgoing service plan with Callcentric, you can't dial out at all except for 911 if you took E911 paid for service with the free DID. Just register SP2 with your Callcentric IP Freedom credentials. Simplest way to do that is via the OBiTALK portal.
So does this mean that it will not even try to use it for outgoing - or that it may try to use it and fail because it is not paid ??
(I do not have E911 either.)

Thanks.

gderf

If you try to dial out to PSTN numbers you will get an audio message "The number you have dialed is invalid or can not be called using the IP freedom Plan." The only exception is 911 if you have subscribed to the E911 service.

Also allowed are outgoing calls to other IP Freedom numbers.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

vtsnaab

Thanks again.
Remaining questions in this process...which I hope some kind soul will educate me about, please=>

I saw how there is a setting for the 1st/default outgoing provider on the portal - and cannot find that setting again ??

Presumably one uses a trunk group to set the preference of outgoing call route, and I have searched here for info on that and found very little - can I temporarily make the trunk group just have SP1 alone until I make more changes with other services I am using now ??

I would also like to have a different ring pattern for SP2 calls and have no idea a'tall how to make different ring settings - would someone point me in a better direction for this, please ??

At the CC info page for Obi, it says this in part:
QuoteOBihai provides a Callcentric wizard on both the OBihai.com and OBitalk.com websites where Callcentric customers can easily input their Callcentric username and password, press Submit and start making calls.

The OBihai.com wizard is here.
The OBitalk.com wizard can be found in the Device Configuration area for your OBi

But their link does not lead to any such wizard anymore and looking all around the site I saw no mention of CC at all...maybe this stuff was removed just lately in favour of approved providers ??

So, I tried setting it up as CC says using the local IP access to my Obi110 - and it failed miserably no matter what I did - changes simply did not hold.

When I instead made the changes from the web portal=> expert settings - it worked fine.

Thanks.

mj56gt

> When I instead made the changes from the web portal=> expert settings - it worked fine.

What web portal are you referring to?

After you configured sp2 with CC, can you still make outgoing calls with your sp1 setup through GV? Thanks!

vtsnaab

Obitalk:
Quote from: mj56gt on May 11, 2014, 08:27:52 AM
What web portal are you referring to?
After you configured sp2 with CC, can you still make outgoing calls with your sp1 setup through GV?
As linked towards the top of each forum page as 'OBITALK'.

Here=>http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/ which then brings a page with the 'My Dashboard' link...
Here=>http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

And yes, presently I am still making calls via GV, but soon will be using FutureNine & CircleNet instead.

AlanB

Quote from: mj56gt on May 11, 2014, 08:27:52 AM

After you configured sp2 with CC, can you still make outgoing calls with your sp1 setup through GV? Thanks!
Only until Wednesday.  May 15 is fast approaching.