News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

There needs to be a better way

Started by Rick, December 29, 2011, 11:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Quote from: RonR on December 31, 2011, 03:48:05 PM
Removing Google Voice will not solve your problem.

Can you connect the OBi directly to your modem temporarily to bypass your router?  Power-cycle both the modem and the OBi after making the direct connection.  Then see if Callcentric works.

I agree GV is not the issue.  CallCentric said that the router was not the issue.  I assume since the CallCentric website can see the phone and show it "registered", and can call it, they figure it must be sending something out...    Yes, I can clearly make a direct connection and will try that also tomorrow.  I did Google around a bit last night and didn't see anything about router settings for CallCentric to work.

Thanks Ron, and Happy New Year!

Rick

RonR

If I were a gambler, I'd bet that your problem goes away when your router goes away.

Rick

Quote from: RonR on December 31, 2011, 04:08:06 PM
If I were a gambler, I'd bet that your problem goes away when your router goes away.

Then the challenge is what setting to change... :)

Stewart

Quote from: Rick on December 31, 2011, 04:14:01 PM

Assuming that RonR is on the money, post make and model of modem and router.

Rick

UPDATE - Tried again direct connect bypassing router.  This time I powered up cable modem, waited two minutes, then powered up OBi.  This time it went through!

Therefore, issue IS router!

Rick

Quote from: Stewart on December 31, 2011, 07:18:19 PM

Assuming that RonR is on the money, post make and model of modem and router.

Router is a Netgear WNR3500L.
Modem is a Motorola SB6121.

I have tried many modifications to the router settings including:

Disabled SIP ALG on the router. No change.

Port forwarded 5060 - 5061 and 10000 - 20000. No change.

I am going to research more possible changes, but any ideas welcome.

Rick

I have it working.  I want to post this for others.

When you are problem-solving with the direct connection, make sure to power the router on FIRST.  Then power on the OBi 2 minutes later.

When you are changing router settings, they have to be applied on the router side.  THEN, you have to reboot the Obi.  I disabled SIP ALG but didn't reboot the OBi.  Now that I rebooted the OBi, I got the Callcentric call to go through.  I am now getting 911 to work.

911 works fine, the dispatcher confirmed all data EXCEPT phone number, but the number displayed DID in fact ring my house (he asked to test it).  In my area, they recommend testing 911 and they suggest Sunday mornings :).

I have opened a trouble ticket with Callcentric to see if the number displayed can be changed (it's not my Callcentric number).  

Otherwise, we are ready to switch the alarm line tomorrow and then begin the porting of our landline.

I'd like to thank RonR and Stewart for their suggestions, and hope that my issues help others figure out their problems more easily.  

Happy New Year to all.

Update:

Callcentric's response is that they use a hidden number to give to the 911 operator, which allows them to reach the house EVEN IF we have our phone number forwarded somewhere else.  I hadn't found that on their site, it's nice to know.

RonR

Quote from: Rick on January 01, 2012, 06:20:28 AM
Router is a Netgear WNR3500L.

Rick,

This is the router I use.  Do yourself a BIG favor and put Tomato firmware on it.

RJDB

If it works without the router, make sure the router firmware is current.

Trust me   ;D

Rick

Quote from: RJDB on January 01, 2012, 10:38:13 AM

If it works without the router, make sure the router firmware is current.

Trust me   ;D

The firmware is current, and as I indicated the problem was resolved.

Corollace

Ron,

I read your some posts, they are realy helpful. I have a couple of questions:

1. my settings:  sp1: GoogleVoice, sp2: FreephoneLine (local number), Gateway3: voip.ms
    sp2 is primary line
    everything is working fine, but I would like to approach:

1. dial 1xxxxxxx, it will go to sp1: google voice (this is only for calls to U.S. )
    2. dial xxxxxxxxxx without leading1, it should go to sp2: Freephone line.
    3. how can I set dial plan, when I dial phone number 1xxxxxxxxxx ( with 1 leading), it automatically goes to sp1. when I dial 10 digits number without leading 1, it will automatically go to sp2.

I know I can dial **1 will go to sp1, just try to avoid to dial **1 or **2 etc.

Thanks.

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx||011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Corollace

Quote from: RonR on January 07, 2012, 10:32:12 AM
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx||011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Thanks Ron, It works! I remembered I did this but was not working, but when I copy yours today, all works!

Thanks again!

Corollace

Hi Ron,

May I ask you a question regarding Tomato QoS settings for voip here? I knew it doesn't belong to Obi110 question, but sometimes my friend said not clear via voip. I really appreciate your help.

RonR

Quote from: Corollace on January 09, 2012, 06:04:59 PM
Hi Ron,

May I ask you a question regarding Tomato QoS settings for voip here? I knew it doesn't belong to Obi110 question, but sometimes my friend said not clear via voip. I really appreciate your help.

I'm not an expert on Tomato QoS, but I've set it up with my VoIP equipment and Skype at the highest priority and nothing seems to interfere with them anymore.  I'll help if I can.

RonR

RonR

QoS Capture #2

bluskey

I'm in desperate need of your help, Ron!

The exact scenario described by Rick in the earlier posts is happening with my Obi110 when I try and configure callcentric as S2. Given where things landed with Rick, I can't help but think that this is a router issue.

I'm using a Belkin N150 router. I've poked around in the setup tool and cannot find anything relating to SIP ALG.

Do you happen to have any knowledge of this particular router? I'm at a loss.

ProfTech

There are numerous earlier posts. Can you give more information about exactly you are trying to do and what problem you are running into?