News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi-202 USB External File Sharing. Map Network Drive?

Started by kccasey, July 08, 2015, 07:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kccasey

I just finished setting up my Obi202.  I also have a External 2.5" Hard drive with multiple partitions connected. 

Everything turns on and is working fine with the External Drive attached and I'm able to access my drive via the web address http://192.168.1.196/obi_share/.  However, I'm only able to access the 1st primary Partition.  I have multiple partitions because in case my Laptop HD decides to take a dump, I can just remove the External Drive from it's case and put it in my Laptop and reboot, so the Primary Partition is essential to have it that way.  Then I use another part of the External HD, other partitions, as a Back-up for my files.  It's important that I have both partitions separate for obvious reasons.

Is there a way to access multiple partitions or is this by design?  I'm assuming the USB external file storage programming in the firmware was designed based on the premise that most users will have just one Partition or Drive for that matter since partitions are recognized as Drives.

Also, I would like to Map a network drive in Windows to access the USB Storage of the Obi202, thereby making access a lot more seamless/integrated into windows without having to utilize the web browser to access, which can be a bit cumbersome, as you are at the mercy of the web browser.

Thanks for the help!