News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issue with OBI100 Phone port

Started by synchron, June 09, 2011, 04:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

synchron

I'm having a relatively minor issue with my OBI100 which I think has to do with the Phone port and/or Google Voice authentication.  Correct me if I'm wrong but the LED indicator on the right of the OBI represents Phone port Status and it can only be solid green or off.  If its off continuously it could mean that my internet is down but I've seen it work where my SP2 service is up (dialing out with **2) but my primary GV on SP1 is down. If I reapply my GV username/pw via the OBI IP address or the Web Portal, it will soft reset the OBI and eventually the Phone port right LED will kick on, otherwise, the only way to get things going is to hard reset the OBI, that is physically remove the power cable and plug it back in.

This issue (phone light stays off and primary GV service is down) always occurs whenever I upgrade the firmware or my internet connection drops and I have to reset my router/modem.  An initial soft reset of the OBI can also cause this problem to occur.

Anyone else see this?

Thanks,

Synchron.

dkti89

I was getting this same problem (and resolution) for quite a while.
A couple of days ago, however, when my internet connection dropped, the problem reappeared and now the standard resolution no longer works.
I tried resetting my google voice account information and also tried unplugging the OBI100's power cable. I used the reset button a couple of times as well. None of these approaches yielded anything promising.

The power LED is solid green, the internet flickers once in a while (***1 says it has an IP address, so that's working), but the phone LED is off and the status on the dashboard id "Offline". On OBI startup, the phone LED eventually flashes twice and then looks solid, but only for about a second or two before it turns off for good.

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

dkti89

Got it working again...

I deleted the device from the dashboard and then just added it back like I had to do when I first installed it. I guess this connected it again to the OBI servers. Perhaps the device got a new IP address after I reset my router, since I'm using DHCP. Maybe this broke the connection to the OBI servers.

Sorry to waste space by solving my own issue!
If anyone else has this problem, just try deleting the device and adding it back again.

Thanks,
dkti89