News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to set up the AA Auto-attendant

Started by n4mwd, June 16, 2015, 05:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n4mwd

I have the device receiving and making calls, however, I want to use the AA for incoming calls so that the caller is told to press a 5 to complete the call.  I have read the instructions and I think I can modify the menu's audio, but how do I change what happens when the caller starts pressing buttons?

Here is what doesn't work: I changed DigitMap to "(5)" and outbound call route to "{5:ph}".  Since I don't want people using my obi for free long distance, I set primary line to "TG2" which is non-existant on this device.  There is no "disabled" selection and I did not see any other way to disable it.  I also want to disable the callback feature as well.  I can see no possible use for that feature other than for people to run up my bill playing with it.

I only want the AA to do two things: If they press 5, connect the call to PH.  If they don't, hang up.

Anyone have any ideas on how to set this up properly?

azrobert

The basic function of the AA can't be changed, so you won't be able to use "5".
The AA will only process 1, 2 or 3 from the initial prompt.
You will have to use "1" to route the call to the phone port.
After you reply "1", the AA will send a zero to the DigitMap.
Change the DigitMap to: (0)
Change the OutboundCallRoute to {0:ph}
Change NumberOnNoInput: 4

Under Auto Attendant Prompts set the following.
Menu: %User1%
The above will point to a custom prompt.

All Other Prompts set to: &pause()
&pause() is the equivalent of deleting the prompt.

Record a custom prompt to say: Dial 1 to continue or whatever you want.
Dial the following:
1001#                   This will send the recording to %User1%.
                            1002# will use %User2%
1                           This is for a new value for the recording
1                           Any digit will start the recording
Say your custom message
#                          Will end the recording. Leave a couple of seconds
                            of silence at beginning and end.
1                           Confirm the recording and save

Edit:
The prompt will repeat 3 times if the caller doesn't respond. I assume you want to block telemarketers with this setup and don't want the prompt to repeat. I don't think there is a way to stop the repeat prompts, but you can leave a period of silence, like 60 seconds at the end of your custom prompt. Hopefully, they will hang up before the prompt repeats.

n4mwd

Thanks for the reply.  I made the changes you said, but it still doesn't work.  If I press 1, it gives a SIT tone and says that "4" is an invalid number.  I tried several times and then changed the NumberOnNoInput parameter to 5 and now it says "5" is an invalid number.  If I press 2 and then 0 and then #, then call will go through.

Its starting to look like the "NumberOnNoInput" parameter has to be the same as the number 1 option.  This severely defeats the purpose because an unauthorized caller can just stay on the line to be connected.

Is there any way to get around that?

n4mwd

I just saw your update.  I was planning to use pause(60) for the menu parameter and then use my actual greeting for the main greeting or menu title - those only get played once.

Yes, you are correct, it is to block telemarketer calls and also wrong numbers.  Ultimately, I hope to set this up on the BT on a cell phone that sometimes gets wrong numbers in the middle of the night.  Also, callcentric will be set to forward calls during an outage to the cell phone and I don't want to make it too difficult for legitimate callers to get through.

azrobert

The default of zero for NumberOnNoInput will send a zero to the DigitMap when the caller doesn't respond. That is why I had you change it. I just learned something. Apparently this is also the default when the caller responds "1". You will have to set it back to zero. This shouldn't be a problem if you record silence at the end of the custom prompt like I suggested in my edit above. Your method is better.

n4mwd

I think we just found another bug in the firmware, or at least an undocumented anomaly.  The transfer on timeout extension should be a different parameter from the extension on pressing 1 parameter.  

Actually, its like the engineers went overboard in some areas (example, the ability to play subsets of audio files), but didn't finish the job in others - such as the ability for users to create a custom one level AA as opposed to a fixed 3 choice AA.

Thanks for your help.  I think I can make it work now, but it wont be pretty.

n4mwd

The latest version of the firmware that I have has an undocumented feature that allows pre-recorded voice prompts to be uploaded to the device.  Just click on the "User#Description" hyperlink and it will let you select a file on the local disk.  The file has to be WAV or AU format.

The file seems to play just fine in the AA.  However, there is a bug.

When I enter text descriptions for each user prompt, then click SUBMIT, then click REBOOT, the device reboots and when it comes back up, the text descriptions have vanished.