News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

feature request for dashboard (Ring.To Eligibility)

Started by DDTex, August 24, 2015, 08:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDTex

I would like to request a new feature on the Obi Dashboard once a user has logged in:

I have an Obi 200 that I purchased last year but I don't have any way of determining exactly when I bought it.  I understand that only Obi devices purchased after some date are eligible to use the Ring.To service but I have (so far) been unable to tell whether my device is eligible.

I would appreciate it if the dashboard was updated to provide a way to check to see if my registered device is eligible to use the Ring.To service.  Providing some kind of indication on the web page would probably help many of your customers and reduce the number of questions to your support people.  Also, it would be a nice touch if you were to show the registration date for each Obi device on a user's dashboard as well.

Thank you.

dircom

Simply try to add Ring.to, and you will get a message if you do not qualify

SteveInWA

There is already a tab on the portal (dashboard) that shows when the device was first added (this starts the warranty period).  It's not the purchase date, which Obihai has no way of knowing, but it's as close as you can get.  Click the "Support and Warranty" tab, while on the device's page.