News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help: I can receive calls but cannot make calls with Google Voice

Started by robi667, August 09, 2015, 09:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robi667

I have problems using Google Voice with an OBI110:
1) I can use Google Chat on my browser, make calls, etc. I did a test a call.
2) Forward calls to Google Chat is configured.
3) SP1 is configured to use the same account.
4) I can receive calls from people who use the Google number. Phone rings, etc.
5) When I try to place a call, after a few seconds I hear a no service like tone (no voice, just tone) and it hangs up.

Is there anyone who had the same problem? I searched the forum but I always find people who can make calls and not receive them, I am in the opposite situation.  :-\
Thanks.

OzarkEdge

Is this a new install?  Did it ever work outbound?  After your outbound call fails, have you checked the OBi Call History via its web interface to see how the call was mapped and routed and any error message?

OE

robi667

It worked for a couple of years. But I did a device reset since it was not working, so I guess you can call it a new installation.
Google log does not show outbound calls made from the phone or errors.
Everything else (incoming calls, outgoing calls made from the Voice Chat interface) are correctly logged.

I am going to check the OBI interface now...

robi667

I just made a call: same story and here is what is logged.

SteveInWA

Hi Robbi:

It's not uncommon for people with older OBi 1xx units to have problems like this -- often it's because they haven't updated the firmware to the current version.  I recommend that you clean out your current device configuration and start completely over from the beginning.  You also need to make sure that you are logged into the correct Google account in your browser, in one tab, and the OBiTALK portal in another tab.  Google Voice is now configured via the OBiTALK portal exclusively.

Instructions:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

robi667

Well... that is what I did before, probably did something wrong.
I logged into the Gmail account of the GV service I wanted to use.
I did a OBI reset (***81)
Logged into the OBI Dashboard.
I deleted the device from the dashboard.
I started a configuration from scratch and... it is working now! Thanks!

drgeoff

A reset puts everything back to defaults. The default PrimaryLine on a 110 is the LINE (ie POTS) not SP1. And your OBi's Call History did indeed show the call being sent to the POTS line.