News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Strange problem with Auto Attendant

Started by gdeals, August 18, 2015, 08:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdeals

Hi,

I have an OBI 200. I am trying to set up OBI to make some specific numbers reach Auto Attendant, instead of phone port. I modified InboundRoute for SP1, which is my main number with Freephoneline.ca. So far everything works fine. I could reach AA using the number I specified and got the AA voice prompt. However, the strange problem is no matter which key I press (1,2 or 3), AA does not respond and I keep getting the looping prompt. I thought there was something wrong with AA set-up so I tried to reach AA with SP2, which is registered with Callcentric, and it worked flawlessly. When I pressed 1 upon hearing the prompt, my phone rang instantly. So it seems AA itself is configured correctly and there must be something wrong with SP1 that prevented the key stroke from reaching AA. Has anybody experienced similar problem? I use SP1 as my main outgoing line and I never had any problem where keypad input was not recognized. What should I look for?

Thanks in advance for any help.

gdeals

Did some more research on this. Apparently Freephoneline has a known issue in missing support for DTMF phone signalling. I need to experiment with different DTMFMethod setting. and may need to set it inband.

meokey

I have same problem with callcentric.com and Android phone. No matter how I press the key, it doesn't response.

Have you found a solution to it?

azrobert

I'm not an expert on DTMF problems, but nobody is offering any help. Would you consider installing a SIP softphone on your Android and calling Callcentric with it?

SteveInWA

Quote from: meokey on September 27, 2015, 12:57:59 PM
I have same problem with callcentric.com and Android phone. No matter how I press the key, it doesn't response.

Have you found a solution to it?

Please be more specific in your description.  What do you mean, in more detail?  Are you using a Callcentric number that you set up on your Android phone using an Android SIP phone app, or are you calling into the OBi on your Android phone's cellular service, to the OBi, which is configured to use a Callcentric number, or what?  At what point in the process do touch tones not work?