News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110: No call waiting beep on incoming land line call

Started by SeeBee, August 19, 2015, 09:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeeBee

I have an OBI110 with a land line connected, with SP1 set to Google Voice. I have no other custom configuration set up.

I can make outbound calls just fine (defaults to using Google Voice).
Incoming calls work as expected both on the land line and on Google Voice.

However, when I get a call on the land line while I'm on the phone, the land line rings but I don't get a call waiting beep on the phone connected to the OBI. I also cannot switch to the incoming call.

How do I set this up? I am sure this used to work and just stopped one day.

azrobert

The only thing that needs to be done for call waiting is to enable it on the phone port. Call waiting enabled is the default and shouldn't change by itself. Check the setting by looking at the following:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> CallWaitingEnable: Checked

Use OBi Expert to look at the above and uncheck both boxes to the right of the value to see the current value.

I suspect it will be enabled, so answer or do the following:
When this happens is the active call a PSTN call.
What happens when the incoming call is from GV.
Try connecting the phone directly to the PSTN line. Do you now get call waiting?
Did you change service with your PSTN provider?

If none of the above provides an answer, do a factory reset on the OBi110 or upgrade to the current firmware.

SeeBee

Thanks for your reply.

After increasing dropped calls and other problems. I finally reset my device and started from scratch.

Now, call waiting works!

So if anyone is having mysterious errors after working properly for a long time, try a paper clip reset.