News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Switching from *97 to *98

Started by sylvaing, April 28, 2016, 07:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvaing

Hi, my phone system uses *98 to access voicemail by the press of a button. My OBi200/ANVEO setup uses *97 for that same function. I can't change my phone system access to voicemail so anybody knows how I can reconfigure my OBi200/ANVEO setup so *98 dials my voicemail?

Thanks.

sylvaing

So I tried that and it worked but is it the best way?

I set Speed Dials 2 to *97
I set Star Code Profile A Code28 to *98, Voice Mail, call($spd[2])

restamp

Unless you have transposed or mistyped the Speed Dial 2 code in your previous post, I have no idea why what you did actually worked.  (I am presuming from your first post you need to dial << *98 >> to access your voicemail.)  If that is the case, why not try the following:

Set Code 28 in Star Code Profile A to << *98, Voice Mail, call(**1*98#) >>.

If you only have SP1 active, you can optionally leave out the << **1 >>.  And, of course, you'll lose the original *98 star code (Blind Transfer) unless you assign it elsewhere.

Good luck.

sylvaing

My ANDEO system requires *97 to access voicemail (without a password) but my phone dials *98 when I press its voicemail button. Hence why I've set speed dial 2 to *97 and set *98 to dial speed dial 2. It does work but requires one speed dial slot (although I have 99 of them so it' not really a waste).

I tried your method but switched to to line 2 and dialed *97 instead

*98, Voice Mail, call(**2*97#)

And it also works :-)

Thanks.