News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED!! Trying to forward sp1(freephoneline sip) TO sp2(GV)

Started by Swisser, August 27, 2015, 02:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swisser

I have an obi110 which I've had for a couple years. I have a freephone line (I bought the SIP key settings) with a canadian phone number set up on SP1, and I have GV on SP2.
Is there a way to forward SP1 calls to SP2?
I would then set up GV to forward to my US cell (that I know how to do! lol)...

My idea, if this is possible of course, is to have a call on my canadian number forwarded to my US cell. Can this be done? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance

drgeoff

Your "forward SP1 calls to SP2" is imprecise.

It could mean that you want calls to your freephoneline number to be forwarded to your GV number.  And you have your cellphone as the number that GV forwards to.

Or it could mean that you want calls coming in to your OBi on the SP1 slot to go out again on SP2 (GV) as a call to your cellphone.

The second can be accomplished by changing the Voice Services / SP1 Service / X-InboundCallRoute from the default ph to sp2(1234567890) where the number in brackets is your cell phone number.  However the CallerID shown on your cellphone will be your GV number, not that of the original caller to your freephoneline number.  Perhaps azrobert can advise how to remedy that.

Swisser

First off, thanks for your reply!

Sorry for being vague. I'll try to clarify.

My freephoneline internet phone service does not offer or allow call forwarding to a US number.
So I'm looking for a way to forward (I hope forward is the correct term) the incoming calls on SP1 (freephoneline) to my GV on SP2. Then GV can be forwarded to my US cell easily if I'm not mistaken.
Whatever method you think would work best for this is fine by me!

If there is a way to do it with the correct caller ID appearing then that would be the best. Otherwise it would still be great.

A few questions for you...

1) How do I do what you proposed?
      "changing the Voice Services / SP1 Service / X-InboundCallRoute from the default ph to
        sp2(1234567890) where the number in brackets is your cell phone number"

2) Is there a way to set it up so that it forwards after 3 or 4 rings?

3) Who is azrobert and how can I get my questions to him for help?

Can't thank you enough for your help!

azrobert

Hi,

I'm just another member of the forum and hopefully I can help you.

What drgeoff is suggesting is called Bridging. You are having the OBi110 make an outbound call to your cell using GV. When you answer the call the OBi110 will connect you to the inbound call on FPL. Since you are using GV to make this call, you will see the GV callerid. You need use OBi Expert to make this configuration change.  I assume you want the call to ring both the OBi110 and your cell, so I'm making a small change to drgeoff's suggestion.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,sp2(xxxxxxxxxx)
Change xxxxxxxxxx to your cell number

This is a general OBi Expert guide:
From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "Enable OBi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard.
If you don't enable the OBi Expert button, you need 4 clicks to get to OBi Expert like this:
Click on the gear ICON, select OBi Expert, confirm and select OBi Expert again.   

Click OBi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBi110 is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.

To navigate click on the titles with the +
Then click on a sub-title
An example click on Voice Services
Then click SP 1 Service
There are 2 boxes to the right of each parameter
To change a value uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting
Then uncheck the box under Device Default
Now change the value
After you have made all the necessary changes for that page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to the next page.

If you want the inbound callerid on your cell, you need to get a free SIP service provider then install a SIP softphone on your cell and register it to the service provider. In the OBi110 you would bridge the inbound call to your account at the service provider. You need a data plan on your cell. If you want to do this, let me know and I'll walk you thru the setup. Do you have an iPhone or Android?

Swisser