News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obiattendant no longer allows me to use speedials

Started by b123guy, September 07, 2015, 03:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b123guy

I used to be able to call into my Obi and use the auto attendant to make calls to speed dials without issue.  My obi 110 had to be resetup and I had to flash the most recent version of the obi software on the device.  I have multiple speed dials setup on my obi.. For a long time, I could dial in, authenticate, then press XX# and dial the speed dial number and it would go through fine  (XX corresponding to whatever speed dial used).  If I try that now and attempt to use a speed dial, it give me the SIT tone and the number dialed is invalid.  My settings are the same as they were prior to my obi having it's incident other than the newer firmware.  Any suggestions???

azrobert

Did you make any changes to the following?
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> DigitMap
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> OutboundCallRoute

Did you set the Auto Attendant PrimaryLine correctly?

What do your speed dials look like?
Are they coded with just a phone number?
Setup a speed dial with a real number like this: sp1(1xxxxxxxxxx)
or this: li(1xxxxxxxxxx)

Do these work?

b123guy

Thanks Azrobert!

I did not make any changes to either digit map or outbound call route.  Primary line is set to PSTN.  Honestly, I can remember exactly on whether I had set it to that or SP1.  The speed dials that I use for this are coded with full 10 digit numbers as the were before (no dashes ect).  I have a few that are coded with the li(xxx) but I only use those for when I am at home.

I have a speed dial for example.. it's 98.. it's set to dial a number in the 425 area code.. it's coded in speed dials as
425xxxxxxx.   When I dial in and authenticate, and get prompted to enter the number, i enter 98#, previously, this would connect me to the number.. now I get an error message.   So no current speed dials work.  I will set it to sp1 and see if that makes a change.  Thanks for your time and assistance!

azrobert

The dialed number must match a rule in the AA DigitMap.
The last rule in the DigitMap is (Mpli) that points to the primary line (LI) DigitMap, so all the Line DigitMap rules are included.
Rules  [1-9] and [1-9][0-9] will match speed dial numbers.
When the SD is coded as 18005551212 it is also validated by the DigitMaps.
When the SD is coded as li(18005551212) it bypasses the DigitMap test and is sent directly to Line.
If this works, look for a coding error in the Line DigitMap.