News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric issues

Started by staceyeileen, September 18, 2015, 06:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

staceyeileen

I've got an Obi100 setup with both Callcentric for e911 and Google voice.  I've had this setup for several years with no issues at all.  Recently I noticed my Callcentric account was reporting "Register Failed: No Response From Server" on the Obitalk dashboard.  So, I deleted the account and added it back.. viola, working again.  Now, about one week later I'm seeing the error message again.  Is this an issue with my Obi or Callcentric?? 

SteveInWA

Hi:  how recent is "recently"?   I had the same symptoms, starting Wednesday, around the time of the Republican debate.  After my 3 CC numbers re-registered, I experienced distorted audio for the next few hours.  I blamed it on the debate viewers sucking all the air out of the internet.   ;D  It seems to have "healed" itself, but if you're still having problems, I suggest opening a ticket with Callcentric...it's not an OBi-specific issue, as I had the same problem on my non-OBi devices.

Mango

Callcentric has had no recent outages.

Make sure that X_ProxyServerRedundancy is checked.  If you use OBiTALK to configure your device, you will need to use OBi Expert Configuration to make the change.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Mango on September 28, 2015, 10:07:50 AM
Callcentric has had no recent outages.

Make sure that X_ProxyServerRedundancy is checked.  If you use OBiTALK to configure your device, you will need to use OBi Expert Configuration to make the change.

X_ProxyServerRedundancy is enabled (check-marked) by default when configuring CC via OBiTALK; there should be no need to manually change it, unless the user intentionally disabled it previously.

However, if the service provider had been set up manually on the local web interface, it would need to be enabled.

lhm.

X_SecondaryRegistration needs to be enabled as well.

So status page looks like below.

Status   Registered (server=204.11.192.171:5080; expire in 40s)
PrimaryProxyServer   204.11.192.171:5080   
SecondaryProxyServer   204.11.192.22:5080

cdelite

Thanks lhm.  When I configured my Obi200 using OBiTalk, it didn't check that X_SecondaryRegistration box.  Now I've got it enabled.

I've been having issues with my calls having 20-30 sec "fainting spells" on Callcentric and hope that maybe this will perhaps address the problem.