News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Reset OB200 to Factory Defaults?

Started by Gator, September 18, 2015, 11:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gator

I'm passing my OB200 on to a 3rd party and was wondering if I need to erase anything or reset it somehow so they do not get connected into my GoogleVoice by accident?

EDIT/UPDATE - I found the button in the pin hole on the bottom of the device and did 3 things -

1.  Depress the button while the power supply is disconnected and hold down while plugging in the power - hold for a while and release.

2.  Depress the button *after* the OB is powered on, and hold it down.  First it blinked green slowly, then the blink got faster, then faster, then it turned solid red.  On release the light turned solid green.

3.  Repeat #2 only held it even longer, past where it turned red and until it became solid green again.

I'm hoping one of these things has reset it - can anyone confirm?

drgeoff

Don't forget to delete it from your Obitalk account. If you don't delete it,  the new owner cannot register it.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Gator on September 18, 2015, 11:07:17 AM
I'm passing my OB200 on to a 3rd party and was wondering if I need to erase anything or reset it somehow so they do not get connected into my GoogleVoice by accident?

EDIT/UPDATE - I found the button in the pin hole on the bottom of the device and did 3 things -

1.  Depress the button while the power supply is disconnected and hold down while plugging in the power - hold for a while and release.

2.  Depress the button *after* the OB is powered on, and hold it down.  First it blinked green slowly, then the blink got faster, then faster, then it turned solid red.  On release the light turned solid green.

3.  Repeat #2 only held it even longer, past where it turned red and until it became solid green again.

I'm hoping one of these things has reset it - can anyone confirm?

Holding the button down for >10seconds after it's plugged in will perform the factory reset; there's no need to juggle pressing the button and THEN plugging it in, such as is done with some routers.

Other equivalent methods are to click the "Reset" button on the device's web configuration page, under System Management, or to dial a * code.

Like Geoff said, you must delete it off of the OBiTALK portal, too.  Those two steps are all that's required, although you could also be a nice guy and update the device's firmware before passing along the device.