News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One GV Account and a Obi100 and Obi200

Started by bulbous, September 18, 2015, 08:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulbous

Hi

I'm sorry if this has been covered but I am unable to find a solution.

I have two buildings on my property the main house I have set up my Obi200 and in the outhouse I have my Obi100. When someone calls me I would like both to ring but only the Obi200 rings. I can make out going calls on both fine. They are both connected to the same internet connection and router.

Many Thanks

azrobert

Assuming GV is defined on SP1 of the OBi200

OBi200

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,pp(200xxxxxx)

Change 200xxxxxx to the OBi number of the OBi100

OBi100

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph
The above is the default. I included this in case it was changed.

Use OBi Expert to make these changes

SeanyBoyUK

I have a similar requirement to this but with 2 OBi100s on a generic SIP.

After following the instructions you have provided, calling my number results in the OBi Attendant answering after 2 rings.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

azrobert

Your situation is different than the above. The OBi200 will always receive the inbound call. In your case the last OBi100 to register to GV will receive the call. Make both of the above changes in the 2 OBi100s. This way it doesn't matter which OBi100 receives the call. Be sure you make the change to the OBiTalk Service InboundCallRoute. There is a rule in the InboundCallRoute sending the call to the AA.

sidesrob

Working on this solution, but when I go to Expert Setup "X_InboundCallRoute:" it looks like this: {('rob.sides'):aa},{ph1,ph2} and does not allow changes. What am I missing here?

I just set up the same GV numbers on both my OBi100 and OBi202 and both ring when called, however both units are on the same network presently. Will they both ring when I move one unit to another location?

Quote from: azrobert on September 18, 2015, 10:46:42 PM
Assuming GV is defined on SP1 of the OBi200

OBi200

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,pp(200xxxxxx)

Change 200xxxxxx to the OBi number of the OBi100

OBi100

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph
The above is the default. I included this in case it was changed.

Use OBi Expert to make these changes

azrobert

QuoteWorking on this solution, but when I go to Expert Setup "X_InboundCallRoute:" it looks like this: {('rob.sides'):aa},{ph1,ph2} and does not allow changes. What am I missing here?
You need to uncheck both boxes to the right of the value then you will be able to change it.

Use the following X_InboundCallRoute:
{('rob.sides'):aa},{ph1,ph2},pp(200xxxxxx)

QuoteI just set up the same GV numbers on both my OBi100 and OBi202 and both ring when called, however both units are on the same network presently. Will they both ring when I move one unit to another location?

I don't know how it's working without my modification, unless something has changed with the firmware since I tested this. It shouldn't matter if the 2 boxes are on the same or different networks.

sidesrob

Thanks for the prompt response! Will test without your modification when I get to other location.

sidesrob

Quote from: sidesrob on December 20, 2015, 07:58:36 AM
Thanks for the prompt response! Will test without your modification when I get to other location.

AAARRRGGHH! Got to other location only to discover Obi200 had it's power cut off. At new location I can make calls from my Obi100, but cannot receive. Will making the changes you specify above to my Obi100 rectify that?

azrobert

I have a typo in my above response. It should be:
{('rob.sides'):aa},{ph1,ph2,pp(200xxxxxx)}

sidesrob

Thanks for the correction. My situation presently is that my Obi200 is offline (unplugged) in another city to which I won't return for a couple of months. I have my Obi100 with me and can make calls, but not receive. Can I somehow disable the Obi200 from the Obitalk web interface to restore full functionality to the Obi100?

azrobert

If the OBi200 is powered off then it shouldn't interfere with calls to the OBi100. Can you receive calls on the OBi200 when it's powered on?

Did you make any changes to the X_InboundCallRoute on the OBi100 for GV?
If you made changes, please post the value.
You need to uncheck both boxes to the right to be able to see the current value.
Maybe you have a phone problem.
When you call the GV number, does the phone port LED flash?

SteveInWA

Quote from: sidesrob on January 12, 2016, 09:20:40 AM
Thanks for the correction. My situation presently is that my Obi200 is offline (unplugged) in another city to which I won't return for a couple of months. I have my Obi100 with me and can make calls, but not receive. Can I somehow disable the Obi200 from the Obitalk web interface to restore full functionality to the Obi100?

The most likely answer is that you didn't properly configure Google Voice on the OBi 100.

Take 10 minutes and do it over again.

sidesrob

Quote from: SteveInWA on January 12, 2016, 05:54:40 PM

The most likely answer is that you didn't properly configure Google Voice on the OBi 100.

Take 10 minutes and do it over again.

Did reconfigure, but situation persisted until I went back in to Obi100 Expert and changed the inbound call route back to default. I had tried changing it back to the default previously with no success, but I guess with all of the various changes I had made it was time for a 'reboot'. All working properly now! Thank you 'azrobert' and 'SteveInWA' for all the help!

sidesrob

Brilliant! Finally got all of this set up properly per your solution. Obi200 is back online, Obi100 is with me in separate city on separate network. Both GV numbers, one on SP1 & other on SP2, set up that way on each device, ring through to the Ob100. Now I just need to get back to the Obi200 back in the other city to confirm both lines still ring there. Thanks again for providing this solution!