News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New POTS phone, no outbound audio for outbound calls only.

Started by tob.ott, September 19, 2015, 09:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tob.ott

I have been running my Obi200 for a couple of years successfully with GoogleVoice and VOIP.ms for primarily inbound calls. No issue with calling.

I recently changed my POTS phone connected to the PHONE-1 port of the Obi from a Philips DECT phone, to an AT&T EL52203 DECT phone.

Inbound calls (VOIP.ms) continue to work and provide 2 way audio.

Outbound calls using: GoogleVoice, VOIP.MS or ObiNetwork all have inbound audio but no outbound audio (from our side). Switching back to the Philips phone, and I get two way audio on outbound calls. I am testing with the call echo service (**9 222 222 222 on ObiNetwork).

I'm using default PHONE-1 port settings currently, and have been trying to adjust settings one by one to see if there is something that will make my new phone work. I've tried adjusting the following things one by one, and am getting frustrated at my lack of success! :-(.
- OffHookCurrentMax: tried setting to the max (45mA)
- ChannelRxGain: tried setting to the max (12)
- SilenceDetectSensitivity: tried setting to both Low and High.
- ConnectPolarity: tried reversing polarity, in combination with OriginatingSeizurePolarity to match connectPolarity.

Have others encountered similar audio issues, and come up with a solution? Are there other settings that may impact audio from a connected phone? I have tried reaching out to the support team, but have been told that I have to manage my device through the ObiTalk public web interface to get support.

FYI, I am running:
Obi 200
HardwareVersion: 1.4
SoftwareVersion: 3.0.1.4738

drgeoff

I cannot think of any setting on an OBi that could cause or cure what you describe.  My best guess (and I stress 'guess') is that the problem is your AT&T phone.

I would try removing mains power from its base for 5 minutes and removing the batteries from the handset for 5 minutes.

tob.ott

I changed two things further:
1) I upgraded to firmware 4822 -- tested and no change
2) Restarted the AT&T phone as you suggested
  Wow, amazing! Restarting the phone actually corrected the problem!

Thanks for the suggestion, it was way way down on my list of things to do.

Now, if I can just get back my Google Voice configuration that stopped working...

drgeoff

GV changed its authorisation method. GV can now only be configured using the portal. For full instructions read the tutorial by SteveInWA. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

tob.ott

thanks for the pointer. I've got it back now (and reverted back to local control after configuring). Appreciate the help!