News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 no caller audio at all

Started by erkme73, September 26, 2015, 09:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erkme73

I posted this under installation help, but that was probably not the appropriate sub-forum.

My OBi202 had been working great (installed in my RV).  This trip, however, it is as though the called person has their mute turned on.

Symptoms:
When I pick up either line, I hear dial tone.  After dialing any valid number, I hear ringing, but when the receiving party answers, the line goes silent.  They can hear me 100%.   When I dial ***1, I hear complete silence, even though the auto attendant does act on input DTMF commands (i.e. enable WLAN IP access or call back).

Attempted fixes:
Deleted device from my OBi account.
Factory reset (reset button while powering on).
Re-added device to my OBi account (using my GV credentials). 
**5 XXXX to re-add the device worked just fine, even though I never heard the prompts.

Since I was unable to find a solution, I simply ordered a replacement 202 - which works perfectly.

I just hate to toss this one in the can if there is something else I can check or configure.   Ultimately, the box works just fine - so long as you don't need to hear the person on the other end...

azrobert

Did you try phone port 2?

If your OBi202 is functional except for the phone ports, you can access it using a softphone installed on a smartphone or computer. You would be able to use all the resources on the OBi202 except star codes. Speed dials would have to be accessed via the Auto Attendant. Let me know if you want to try this and I'll walk you thru the setup.

erkme73

Thanks for the reply Robert.  Yes, I tried it on both phone ports, and unfortunately the symptoms and behavior were identical.

The idea of using it through a soft-phone app/pc is nice, but ultimately, not really an attractive alternative to the many cordless phones I've already set up in the coach. 

Given that the OBi accepts and executes  auto attendant commands entered via the cordless phones through the dial pad - it really seems as though there is an audio hardware failure of some sort within the box.

I'd just hoped there was a way to either fix that, or a deeper level reset that might squish the bug. 

erkme73

I appreciate your insight and willingness to help.  But, I'm a bit too unmotivated (read: lazy) to go beyond the plug-and-play setup that OBi offers.  If I didn't have endless other things competing for my time and attention, I would probably give that a go.  For now, unless it's a quick 'reset' or other simple fix (not just a workaround), I'm just going to trash it.