News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound Caller ID Spoof Works Thru Future-Nine But Not Obi202

Started by Michael_Reeder, October 10, 2015, 11:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_Reeder

I have searched the forums but not finding this...

I want my outbound caller ID to be the same as my business phone number.

Future-Nine has kindly made this change for me.

When I place outbound calls through other means (such as Zoiper), my outbound caller ID correctly shows up as my spoofed business number on my Verizon cell phone.

When I place outbound calls through my Obi202, my outbound caller ID shows up as the actual F9 number, not my business number, on my same Verizon cell phone.

So this would seem to me an Obi device issue...

I have tried setting up the CallerIdName field in the SPx service menu as my bsiness number, and I have enabled X_SpoofCallerID but this does not help.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Michael

ianobi

In OBi-speak CallerIDName is equivalent to CName or "displayed name". This is not the same as CallerID.

CallerID equivalent in the OBi is AuthUserName. This is part of your SIP credentials that allow you to connect to your service provider. In your case it will depend on what F9 will accept as valid.

Michael_Reeder

ianobi -- Thank you for your message.  That at least helps with my understanding of Obi-speak.   :)

For Future-Nine the AuthUserName is a specific account number that has to be given to login, which does not equal to an outbound phone number to be displayed.  So no luck there.

But, by the Special Magick of the Technoverse, the problem just up and resolved itself.  Or at least no one told me they worked on it.

So for two or more days I had the problem as I originally described (spoofed number I want shown on outbound calls through other programs, but actual phone number shown as caller ID when placed through Obi202).

Tonight, with no changes made to the Obi202 settings, my desired spoofed number now shows up as the caller ID on outbound calls made through the Obi202.

???   :o

Problem solved.

Pleased and Puzzled,
Michael